A Venezuelan Woman Was Arrested At Siem Reap Airport With More Than 1 KG of Cocaine

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

A Venezuelan Woman Was Arrested At Siem Reap Airport With More Than 1 KG of Cocaine

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Anti-drug police had arrested a Venezuelan woman, Carmen Carcia Guillen , 23 years old, after she was caught flying into the country with 1390 grams of cocaine. She was arrested on 17 October 2016 once she arrived in Cambodia from Bangkok. Adding that, she flew from Sao Paulo, Brazil with the stopover in Dubai and another stop over in Bangkok before arriving in Siem Reap, Cambodia. The drug was meant to be traffic to Hong Kong.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Raybull
Expatriate

Re: A Venezuelan Woman Was Arrested At Siem Reap Airport With More Than 1 KG of Cocaine

Post by Raybull »

Probably only cut once...No way that stuff gets binned. They're gonna make a fortune pushing that stuff to the rich kids in the clubs! Wonder who was the lucky one that got to card off the desktop!?
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: A Venezuelan Woman Was Arrested At Siem Reap Airport With More Than 1 KG of Cocaine

Post by kiwiincambodia »

That's the second one in as many months isn't it?

Maybe a replacement shipment for the last one that got confiscated.
thePeck
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by thePeck »

You know what I have a question about is how they catch them. In my experience I've come with a couple large bags and no one, literally, has ever stopped me to ask what I have in my bags. I mean was she doing a line of coke while waiting for her bags? Or was this caught while still coming from the plane. Probably every bag is opened to see what they can steal then it gets loaded on the carousel. Just happened to find cocaine instead of a iPad.
vng
Expatriate

Post by vng »

How the hell did a woman can ever carry over 1kg of cocaine across the international airport?
Custom: Madam do you have anything to declare?
Lady: Well I carry here over a kilo of coke, it's for my grandpa in HongKong actually.
Custom - "Stamp Chopped" Clear, just coke.
Lady: Thae-nk Q :)
Custom: You're welcome, hope to see you again.
:beer:
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

thePeck wrote:You know what I have a question about is how they catch them. In my experience I've come with a couple large bags and no one, literally, has ever stopped me to ask what I have in my bags. I mean was she doing a line of coke while waiting for her bags? Or was this caught while still coming from the plane. Probably every bag is opened to see what they can steal then it gets loaded on the carousel. Just happened to find cocaine instead of a iPad.
No, they do not check bags generally, but it would appear that somebody traveling from South America via Dubai and BKK gets all sorts of red lights flashing.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Most of the time the cops here are tipped of be DEA. Why they leave it to catch them here and not in a transit is anyones guess.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: A Venezuelan Woman Was Arrested At Siem Reap Airport With More Than 1 KG of Cocaine

Post by General Mackevili »

hanno wrote:
thePeck wrote:You know what I have a question about is how they catch them. In my experience I've come with a couple large bags and no one, literally, has ever stopped me to ask what I have in my bags. I mean was she doing a line of coke while waiting for her bags? Or was this caught while still coming from the plane. Probably every bag is opened to see what they can steal then it gets loaded on the carousel. Just happened to find cocaine instead of a iPad.
No, they do not check bags generally, but it would appear that somebody traveling from South America via Dubai and BKK gets all sorts of red lights flashing.
Same here in Siem Reap.

Have never had to go through any sort of screening. Just walk out the exit without any sort of check for any of my bags.

That said, I do recall someone on one trip at least taking my declaration sheet, and I've seen them rummaging through some Chinese girl's bag.

Either way, slack as hell 9% of the time, and I remember Hanno months ago saying he's always just walked through with no check of any kind.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Raybull
Expatriate

Re: RE: Re: A Venezuelan Woman Was Arrested At Siem Reap Airport With More Than 1 KG of Cocaine

Post by Raybull »

General Mackevili wrote:
hanno wrote:
Same here in Siem Reap.

Have never had to go through any sort of screening. Just walk out the exit without any sort of check for any of my bags.

That said, I do recall someone on one trip at least taking my declaration sheet, and I've seen them rummaging through some Chinese girl's bag.

Either way, slack as hell 9% of the time, and I remember Hanno months ago saying he's always just walked through with no check of any kind.
When I came back this fall, I had two duffel bags containing about a dozen designer sunglasses, a dozen or so bottles of cologne and perfume, 5 pairs of Italian leather shoes, some designer handbags, a couple grand of new clothing, some Apple gadgets, etc. All items were still boxed and tagged, luckily I just breazed right thru. Can't imagine how much they would have dinged me if they had checked! I know people have brought 5k$ bikes in thru PPIA no questions asked aswell, and that's pretty obvious.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

I have literally flown into Siem Reap hundreds of times. I have not been checked once, and I think I have been asked for the customs form twice....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic