Brooklyn Pizza

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Brooklyn Pizza

Post by General Mackevili »

Yeah, Brooklyn Pizza is my default pizza place these days.

If you haven't eaten there in a while, I suggest trying again.

When they first opened it was during that time when all the importing shipping containers were being held ransom at the borders/port and he wasn't able to get his imported ingredients for a couple months.

Now things are top notch.

I'm excited about the new deli that should be opening up there soon too! ! !
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

Gave Brooklyn 2 chances with 2 different pizzas ( flavors)..... delivery okay, but pizza was a let down. For 13$, it was horrible. I guess it was the hype. Maybe I got 2 shitty pizzas and I have bad luck. I won't ever be going back. I am going to try that Luigis pizza. Had that Dolce Vita Pizza on St 172 there the other week. Wow, let down, same as a happy pizza place.

I am still searching for a decent pizza. Some have found theirs, but I haven't had a good pizza since I left America. I even tried that Il Forno Italian owned place in Siem Reap. Shit.

You have no idea how much I want this Luigi's place to be good. I have yet to try Larry's Chorizo Pizza that is quite revered among some, as well as the sausage pizza there. For god sakes, I shouldn't be able to eat your entire large pizza easily.....
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

StroppyChops wrote:Wow - some of the best pizza I've eaten, and going back for the ribs. Was the pizza just not up to your expectations, or is it possible you were expecting too much from pizza? Put another way, is there pizza in PP that you genuinely think is better?
I had the godfather. Maybe it's because I had takeout and it wasn't piping hot once my friend brought it home, but I simply wasn't impressed. Sure, it was nice to have a north-American style pizza with a thick layer of toppings and cheese, but it had no "zing" to it. Maybe I've gotten used to thin Italian-style pizzas. I personally like Luigi's, and I've been told Le Duo is good, si I'm going to try them out soon. I don't know, for the price (14$?) I wasn't really impressed. Maybe the hype also killed it for me... Had no one told me it was great I might have liked it a lot, but given that everyone was comparing it to north-American pizzas, I didn't feel it lived up to what one can get over there.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

I grew up eating Italian and Australian pizza, so I have no point of reference for American pizza. It must be something special.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Brooklyn is top delivery pizza

Larrys 110 is top non-delivery pizza

I quite like Brooklyns other offerings i have tried - sandwiches, Jalapeno poppers, hot wings. I forget the name of the place next to Cali 2 which I meant to try and saw recommended - anyone know the place?
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Lemonchello?

Something like that.

I haven't been.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

General Mackevili wrote:Lemonchello?

Something like that.

I haven't been. Image
Thanks. Limoncello

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Limoncel ... 5098811769

Larry gets his pizza bread from them just makes a different style pizza. Must try them soon
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Lots of difference in American pizza. Chicago is deep dish. New York is very close if not Naples style with a bubbly chewy crust. Try Jeff Varasano's web site. For me he is the godfather of New York (good) pizza. I find myself almost licking the computer screen with some of the pictures of his pizza's
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

Sailorman wrote:Lots of difference in American pizza. Chicago is deep dish. New York is very close if not Naples style with a bubbly chewy crust. Try Jeff Varasano's web site. For me he is the godfather of New York (good) pizza. I find myself almost licking the computer screen with some of the pictures of his pizza's
You've never tried pizza until you have had a Lil' Ceasar's Hot-N-Ready pizza.. Google it. Best in the world.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

^ do they deliver?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic