Koh Samui pub brawl; 2 shot on police night out.

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Koh Samui pub brawl; 2 shot on police night out.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Just a reminder to take care when drinking in places frequented by armed police and soldiers. This applies to any country where the police are armed and like to get pissed btw. It could also be the highlight of your holiday if you like that kind of thing.

A police night out in Koh Samui turned into a deadly brawl a couple of weeks back:
2 dead, cop charged, sacked after Samui pub brawl
The violence erupted at Camp Beer pub in tambon Bo Phud around 2am, said Pol Lt Ratthakarn Chanwong, a duty officer at Bo Phud police station.

The shooting left seven men lying on the ground with bullet wounds - three policemen from Bo Phud station and four pub staff.

All were rushed to hospitals, where two were later pronounced dead. They were Pol L/Cpl Jaerasak Sroisangvarn and Kraisorn Mingsakul, a guard at the pub.

The other five with bullet wounds were identified as Pol L/Cpl Sitthisak Ngamkhom, Pol L/Cpl Kritsana Boonyin, pub guard Voravit Yimyong, pub manager Thepthinnakorn Thongphet and pub waiter Veerapong Jarusenee.

Police investigators reported that seven policemen attached to Bo Phud police station were having a night out at the pub.

While dancing they became involved in a brawl with a group of young men. Security guards intervened and asked them to leave.

After emerging from the bar, Pol L/Cpl Jaraesak pulled out a pistol. The pub manager tried to stop him and the chaos then erupted.

Another policeman, identified later as Pol L/Cpl Narongsak Khamjai, fired shots from his 9mm pistol into the crowd gathering in front of the pub. The bullets hit three fellow policemen and four pub staff, including the manager. After the shooting he drove off in his car...

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... -pub-brawl
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Koh Samui pub brawl; 2 shot on police night out.

Post by hanno »

I avoid police and army parties like the plague....
The bullets hit three fellow policemen and four pub staff
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

im sure if everybody at the scene were to carry a piece each, the outcome would be very different *wink*
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Bol: Just to educate you, its illegal to carry a firearm in Thailand unless you are police, military or have a license. I still have my license from an America state to carry a concealed pistol. Its also illegal in the state were I have my license to carry in a bar, bank, government building, etc. I have been in bars in Thailand in the past where Thai police have been drinking and this shooting does not surprise me. They are not happy happy drunks. While sometime in the past this may have happened in America, American police would almost never do this as first they would be outgunned and second it would be a death sentence to go to prison.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

im not stating the legality of carrying a gun in thailand but asking for opinion if everyone has a gun there would the outcome be any better? :stir: :bow:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

If I see a group of Thai men with whisky bottles, soda bottles and empty beer bottles gathered around a pub table, I give them a wide wide berth and go somewhere else. I will do this every time. I have experienced two near incidents. The drunks are especially interested in farangs with Thai lady friends. A bad combination in their drunken eyes.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

ExPenhMan wrote:If I see a group of Thai men with whisky bottles, soda bottles and empty beer bottles gathered around a pub table, I give them a wide wide berth and go somewhere else. I will do this every time. I have experienced two near incidents. The drunks are especially interested in farangs with Thai lady friends. A bad combination in their drunken eyes.
This. Can be a bad combination in the KoW as well.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic