Anti-Drug Police Arrest 2 Americans, 1 Brit & 1 Cambodian Woman For Using & Trafficking Drugs (Meth)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Anti-Drug Police Arrest 2 Americans, 1 Brit & 1 Cambodian Woman For Using & Trafficking Drugs (Meth)

Post by General Mackevili »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
LL posted
Confiscated:
1,14 Grams of Meth
2 Passports
1 Mobile phone

1,14 isnt a number its either
a failed attempt at putting 1.14 grams or
a failed attempt at putting 1,140 grams...

1, 14 Grams = 1 lot of 14 Grams confiscated
Hahaha, this even funnier now!

While I still think you're wrong (and after reading this, you will probably agree with my assumption too), but it makes a bit more sense now, at least.

Speaking of English lessons (and thanks for yours), I'm gonna learn you sumthin right now...

While both the US and the UK use a "." as a decimal mark/point, some countries use a "," (although I believe maybe the UK uses the "." too).

So both the US and the UK could use "1.14" when talking about "one point one four of something," there are some countries (maybe yours too?) that use "1,14" instead of "1.14" sometimes.

LL just lifted that off Koon Khmer, and the owner/writer is not a native English speaker.

So, you're the only one claiming it was 14 grams, but I see now it's because you misread LL's cut and paste from Koon Khmer.

Is that clear?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_mark

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Anti-Drug Police Arrest 2 Americans, 1 Brit & 1 Cambodian Woman For Using & Trafficking Drugs (Meth)

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

General Mackevili wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
LL posted
Confiscated:
1,14 Grams of Meth
2 Passports
1 Mobile phone

1,14 isnt a number its either
a failed attempt at putting 1.14 grams or
a failed attempt at putting 1,140 grams...

1, 14 Grams = 1 lot of 14 Grams confiscated
Hahaha, this even funnier now!

While I still think you're wrong (and after reading this, you will probably agree with my assumption too), but it makes a bit more sense now, at least.

Speaking of English lessons (and thanks for yours), I'm gonna learn you sumthin right now...

While both the US and the UK use a "." as a decimal mark/point, some countries use a "," (although I believe maybe the UK uses the "." too).

So both the US and the UK could use "1.14" when talking about "one point one four of something," there are some countries (maybe yours too?) that use "1,14" instead of "1.14" sometimes.

LL just lifted that off Koon Khmer, and the owner/writer is not a native English speaker.

So, you're the only one claiming it was 14 grams, but I see now it's because you misread LL's cut and paste from Koon Khmer.

Is that clear?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_mark

the UK use dots, never use commas

will draw a line in the sand ay, but after reading your post i was laughin at how it appeared i had started my own paradox rumour on both forums hahaha
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Anti-Drug Police Arrest 2 Americans, 1 Brit & 1 Cambodian Woman For Using & Trafficking Drug

Jamie_Lambo wrote: the UK use dots, never use commas

will draw a line in the sand ay, but after reading your post i was laughin at how it appeared i had started my own paradox rumour on both forums hahaha
Yeah, I'm not sure which counties use the "," but I'm certain that what you are referring to was using the COMMA as a decimal mark, making it also read 1.14 grams, like it's reporter here on CEO and everywhere else.

HAHAHA! ! ! Yeah, I was rolling laughing! I really thought you were quoting yourself! :ROFL:

I get it now...
Spoiler:
But I swear, you're reading the other articles wrong; the original author was using that fucking comma as a decimal mark!

:horse:

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Anti-Drug Police Arrest 2 Americans, 1 Brit & 1 Cambodian Woman For Using & Trafficking Drug

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

General Mackevili wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote: the UK use dots, never use commas

Yeah, I'm not sure which counties use the "," but I'm certain that what you are referring to was using the COMMA as a decimal mark, making it also read 1.14 grams, like it's reporter here on CEO and everywhere else.

HAHAHA! ! ! Yeah, I was rolling laughing! I really thought you were quoting yourself! :ROFL:

I get it now...
Spoiler:
But I swear, you're reading the other articles wrong; the original author was using that fucking comma as a decimal mark!

:horse:
yeah i have seen it used in Cambodian news a lot, just at first glance i obviously saw the comma and read it differently

but this has given me future ideas when im bored haha
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Hahaha, I will also be using this tactic in the future. It's a good one!! :hattip:

I will start leaving comments in The Guardian's online website, and then I can go say, "well, it was said in The Guardian that..." It's brilliant!

:evil:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

General Mackevili wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Hahaha, I will also be using this tactic in the future. It's a good one!! :hattip:

I will start leaving comments in The Guardian's online website, and then I can go say, "well, it was said in The Guardian that..." It's brilliant!

:evil:
:evil6:
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Anti-Drug Police Arrest 2 Americans, 1 Brit & 1 Cambodian Woman For Using & Trafficking Drugs (Meth)

Khmer Times:

Three foreigners and a Cambodian woman were arrested and charged in Phnom Penh yesterday by the Phnom Penh Municipal Court for alleged drug trafficking and use, according to police.

The three foreign men were identified as Andrew John Sloman, 50, who is British, Safari Saari Ian Wood Berry, 40, an American, and Chaponot Cyril Guy, 46, who is French, according to Major Duong Vichetre, a police officer in the Interior Ministry’s anti-drug department.

http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/30755/ ... ing-drugs/

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Anti-Drug Police Arrest 2 Americans, 1 Brit & 1 Cambodian Woman For Using & Trafficking Drugs (Meth)

Post by hanno »

At least two of them look like they do a lot more than 1.14 (1,14) grams of meth a day.
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

He got busted while living at Walkabout,he didnt pay his room for awhile,so Shane and the owner{Glenn}went up to throw his gear out,found a load of ice,and the cops were called. This was told to me by the Shane{RIP},who was manager at the time.

From a mate
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

rick_o'shea wrote:Is it "sizzler Andy"?

No, his name is Andy Howard, he's American and he looks a bit different:

This picture is from 2011.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic