Pesticides found in Thai fruit and vegetables.

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Pesticides found in Thai fruit and vegetables.

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Is this surprising? I remember looking for insecticides at Orussei around two years ago for a termite problem I had on the farm. Upon googling the various Thai and Vietnamese products, I realized that most were actually banned in those countries. Scary stuff... Left empty-handed of course.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Pesticides found in Thai fruit and vegetables.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Most of vegetables and fruits on sale in fresh and modern trade markets are laced with pesticide residues
October 6, 2016
About 56 percent of fresh vegetables and fruits on sale in fresh markets, super markets and modern trade stores, including the so-called high-end gourmet markets are laced with chemical residues beyond acceptable standards, according to survey conducted by Thai-PAN, a pesticide alert network.

Vegetables found to have the highest amount of pesticide residues beyond MRL are kale with 10 out of 11 samples, red chilli, nine out of 12 samples; basil and long beans, 8 out of 12 samples; morning glory, 7 out of 12 samples, pea eggplant, 6 out of 11 samples.

Sainampoeng orange was found to contain the highest amount of pesticide residues of all the six kinds of fruits tested. Even fruits and vegetables certified by the Agriculture Ministry as safe are laced with pesticide residues, said Ms Prokchon.

She disclosed that even some chemicals which were globally phased out were found in fruits and vegetables such as dicrotophos, endosulfan, methamidophos, carbofuran and methomyl.
http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/vegeta ... -residues/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic