27yo French man found dead in his room, Patong.

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

27yo French man found dead in his room, Patong.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

PHUKET: Police are waiting for doctors to confirm the cause of death of a 27-year-old French tourist who was found collapsed in his hotel room in Patong yesterday morning (Oct 8 ).

Staff at The Nest Resort on Nanai Rd notified police at 9:30am after the man’s body was discovered.

“At this stage we suspect them man died from food poisoning or a severe allergic reaction,” said Lt Sirinath Cheuchutakulthong of the Patong Police.

The man, who checked in to the hotel on Thursday, was found naked, collapsed against a set of drawers in the room’s hallway, she explained.

“Although his room was in disarray, there seemed to be no signs of a struggle,” Lt Sirinath said.

The man*, from Montreuil, France, seemed to have suffered a severe gastronomic reaction. The room’s bin was found full of fluid, and there were streaks of blood on the floor.

“We believe he died about six hours before his body was found,” Lt Sirinath said.

“The man’s body has been sent to Patong Hospital for doctors to determine the cause of death. We will learn more then,” she said.

* The man’s name is being withheld until his family of been notified.
http://pattayaone.news/en/french-touris ... ket-hotel/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: 27yo French man found dead in his room, Patong.

Post by Username Taken »

Beds sheets sprayed with bug spray, perhaps?
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Perhaps, but it is almost cetrainly attributable to the collective incompetence of the locals. I'm not sure how they don't manage to kill, maim or injure all of the tourists that visit. I suppose some are luckier thaan others due to previous good karma.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

i nearly died of an allergic reaction to Patong,
allergic to how shit it is
worst place in Thailand
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic