Best Mexican restaurant in Siem Reap

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything, whether it relates to Cambodia or not. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
overkill
Tourist

Best Mexican restaurant in Siem Reap

Post by overkill » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:41 pm

I will go there next week and last time I only found one mexican restaurant in all of Siem Reap city and it was not to my liking at all. The name escapes me and they have a sister restaurant on the river side in Phnom Penh.

Are there Mexican restaurants in Siem Reap run by expats or actual Mexicans? Maybe Southern California is fine as well? Many choices here in PP but I came up with nothing good last time in Siem Reap. Even something called mexican on the pub street but looked at it and it looks just like they take a amok dish and add mexican spices and call it Mexican food. Will not even look there next time. Places have mexican on the menu at regular western restaurants but I want authentic or close to it.

Hanno here? You are a Temple town expat. Can you share your mexican dining secrets if you are on this forum?

https://img.ifcdn.com/images/e3a1092911 ... 28dc_1.jpg
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Best Mexican restaurant in Siem Reap

Post by Username Taken » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:01 pm

He sure is! He'll be along shortly I'm sure. (Actually, he was the first person I thought of too.)
... give 'em a quick, short, sharp shock ...

https://BooksAboutCambodia.com
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Best Mexican restaurant in Siem Reap

Post by hanno » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:05 pm

The only good Mexican food in Temple Town is the one I make. Viva is shite and the one on Pub Street is even worse, I am afraid you are out of luck when it comes to Mexican food here.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic