Nationalities that most visit Angkor park.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Nationalities that most visit Angkor park.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia's Angkor heritage site attracts over 460,000 Chinese tourists in 9 months

Published: 06/10/2016 20:37

PHNOM PENH, Oct. 6 (FN) -- The Cambodia's famed Angkor archeological park received 460,045 Chinese tourists, or 29.4 percent of the total tourists to the park, during the first nine months of 2016, according to the latest figures released on Thursday.

China was the largest source of tourists to the ancient site during the January-September period this year, followed by South Korea and the United States, according to the figures from the state-run Angkor Enterprise, which is in charge of ticket sales at the park.

Some 182,965 South Korean tourists and 111,819 American visitors sight-saw the park during the period this year, the figures showed.

According to the Angkor Enterprise, the Angkor welcomed a total of 1.56 million foreigners from 167 countries and regions during the January-September period this year, earning a gross revenue of 44.4 million U.S. dollars from ticket sales.

Located in the northwestern Siem Reap province, the Angkor archaeological park, inscribed on the UNESCO's World Heritage List in 1992, is the kingdom's top tourist destination.

In August, the Angkor Enterprise announced that ticket prices for foreigners visiting the site would be increased from February 1, 2017.

The entrance fee for a one-day visit to the site will be raised to 37 U.S. dollars, from the current 20 U.S. dollars, it said.

The price for a three-day visit will be increased to 62 U.S. dollars, from the current 40 U.S. dollars, and for a week-long visit pass, the ticket will cost 72 U.S. dollars, from the current 60 U.S. dollars.
http://www.en.freshnewsasia.com/index.p ... n-9-months
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Nationalities that most visit Angkor park.

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

rip off! $20 is a very fair price
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

its been $20 for a LONG time,
raising the price its still a good deal, one of the reasons is the Cambodian gov now gets the entrance fee, so they want to milk it

Chinese account for over 26% of total visitors to Thailand as well. The growing middle class
only problem; they stay at Chinese owned hotels, use Chinese owned tour agents, shop at Chinese owned shops and eat at Chinese restaurants.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

phuketrichard wrote:its been $20 for a LONG time,
raising the price its still a good deal, one of the reasons is the Cambodian gov now gets the entrance fee, so they want to milk it

Chinese account for over 26% of total visitors to Thailand as well. The growing middle class
only problem; they stay at Chinese owned hotels, use Chinese owned tour agents, shop at Chinese owned shops and eat at Chinese restaurants.
that why i dont understand why many countries around the world are greedy for their monies, they will booed, shout, cursed at anything not in their limited knowledge base, i.e. why is the curry so spicy? why no AC in the restaurant? etc etc, they buy LVs by the tons so that they could go back and show off to their poorer counterparts, still decades away from being a civilised human being.
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Ah well bolueeleh, better get used to the fact that the Chinese will outnumber all other nationalities everywhere soon.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

hanno wrote:Ah well bolueeleh, better get used to the fact that the Chinese will outnumber all other nationalities everywhere soon.
i escaped from singapore to avoid them, never in my nightmare that i have to escape them here in KOW, just my fucking luck :no:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

bolueeleh wrote:
hanno wrote:Ah well bolueeleh, better get used to the fact that the Chinese will outnumber all other nationalities everywhere soon.
i escaped from singapore to avoid them, never in my nightmare that i have to escape them here in KOW, just my fucking luck :no:

I only ever see them in the plane and at the airport. As mentioned earlier: they go to their own shops and restaurants and travel in groups so they are pretty easy to avoid.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic