The House of Poo

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: The House of Poo

Post by vladimir »

Crabtree, I don't get it?

Are you on a roll?
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
walkjivefly
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by walkjivefly »

Joon wrote:Gently pat with paper or towel.

Neither of which are ever provided...
dontbelievethehype
Tourist
United States of America

Post by dontbelievethehype »

I had a meeting at the Sofitel last year right there in the lobby lounge area. I asked for the toilet and was led down the long hallway, take a right. Upon entering I could almost hear angelic music. The facilities were beautiful, sparkling, the smell of fresh citrus permeating the air. Entered the loo, yup, no bum gun. I think Khmer management property owners etc. have a notion that bum guns equate with non western style and somehow dirtiness, when in actuality it is for cleanliness and good health. Just think of all those people's in the USA and great swathes of Europe walking around with dirty bums. HA!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

dontbelievethehype wrote:
Just think of all those people's in the USA and great swathes of Europe walking around with dirty bums. HA!
:sick:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Joon »

walkjivefly wrote:
Joon wrote:Gently pat with paper or towel.

Neither of which are ever provided...
In that case, remain seated, get your smartphone out, try to beat that fuck'n level in Candy crush saga and by the time you're done, you're dry.

But if you're in a hurry, hope for the best and pull up your boxer briefs.
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Joon »

General Mackevili wrote:
dontbelievethehype wrote:
Just think of all those people's in the USA and great swathes of Europe walking around with dirty bums. HA!
:sick:
When I was there on a work trip, not only did the cruel absence of bum guns strike me but also the fact that all toilet stalls' doors leave a freakingly wide enough space through which you can actually see the occupants.

By the way, if you guys want to see fancy toilets, drop by Kiriya coffee.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Joon wrote:

By the way, if you guys want to see fancy toilets, drop by Kiriya coffee.
Ah, that's the name of the coffee shop I mentioned on another thread today, but didn't know the name.

I felt like I was sexually harassed by R2D2.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Joon »

I thought so :)
One time, there was a handwritten sign that said something like " please use the other toilet. This one is error." :lol:
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

General Mackevili wrote:I felt like I was sexually harassed by arse2Dpoo.
Fixed.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jacobincambodia »

vladimir wrote:Somewhere along my travels, I worked at InterContiinental Hotel. I'm not bragging, I'm very aware that if I hadn't worked there, I would never have gone inside it, as I cannot afford it.

I recently had the pleasure of dining at Sofitel, again, via my employer, lest I be accused of bragging.

And a few years back, for work reasons, I had occasion to drop in at Cambodiana.

Can I get to the frigging point! No puns? I smell a rat...

Anyway, my point is this: at all of the above-mentioned hotels, there were no bum-guns. Only paper.

Having lived in SE Asia for 16 years, I am a bum-gun devotee, paper is for barbarians who enjoy nappy rash and Klingons.

However, I digress: my question is this:Why? I know that many wealthy Khmers go to these hotels. Do the upper crust forsake the bum-gun and consider paper a fad?Why not have both? Do the hotel laundries charge excessive fees for erasing the inevitable tiger-stripes?

I am puzzled and perplexed. I'm sure Jacobincambodia is also interested in this, considering his vested interest in all things excremental, and his bathroom fantasies.

Enlighten me, someone.
I had to look "bum-gun" up.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic