UK: Boxer's death prompts calls for banning the sport.

Title says it all really...
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: UK: Boxer's death prompts calls for banning the sport.

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

TristranandIsolde wrote:Dementia is a whole other issue. I was talking about deaths.

If you fight in unsanctioned fights, you have less regulation, etc. More deaths are bound to happen, in BOTH SPORTS, and you didn't have the numbers for deaths in unsanctioned boxing matches.

MMA is dangerous, no doubt. But not deadly, with a decent ref in the ring.

Boxing is far more deadly and I'm sure has much more dementia because of the many headshots.

A fighter is brave, no doubt, but doesn't make you a statistician on fighting.

Deaths in MMA - not a huge worry, mostly just dehydration. Gloves, mouth guard, a ref, defensive techniques, and 8 more targets to protect. Head shots happen, but it's not constant battering (for long that is, haha).

Deaths in jiu-jitsu/judo? Not many. Mixed with striking arts, the figure is comparatively low to boxing.

How many MMA guys do you know who died? I don't hear of many.

Just saying ... In MMA, you can go all out. In boxing, better be good at moving!
the boxing statistics was for boxing, as a whole

again you are basing all this on your opinion and expecting to be right... you are not...

ive fought on unlicensed/unsanctioned boxing shows, many times, are there...
pre fight medicals... Yes,
ring side medics... Yes,
on site Ambulance... Yes,
licensed referees... Yes...

whats the difference... in your experience/opinion?

maybe youve been watching too much Bumfights and Kimbo Slice DVD's :facepalm:

tbh i cant be arsed waiting for your reply and will inform you now to save yourself looking stupid

Sanctioning bodies are there to Sponsor the event, and will bring their own judges to confirm the legitimacy of the results and award Titles (if any)... other than that... yep you got it... nothing...
so your bullshit opinions are weak and best of stop making yourself look stupid
the main differences between Sanctioned and unsanctioned events are usually Sanctioned events will have more prestigious fighters as you will need a boxing license in order to fight, unsanctioned events usually acquaint for semi-pro fighters and ex pro boxers, boxers who want to fight but not be a "pro boxing puppet" for some promoter, me i fight on both, as i have a license with the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBofC) but prefer fighting on my own terms

and just to finish off... do Debunk your Theory of MMA being less dangerous due to less blows to the head.... (you really cant watch that much UFC if thats your opinion)
just watch this... one of my favourites... just watch...
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic