100-kilo Siamese Giant Carp caught in Tonle Sap.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

100-kilo Siamese Giant Carp caught in Tonle Sap.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Fisherman protects endangered species of carp. Well done.
100-kilo carp caught in Tonle Sap
Thu, 29 September 2016
Khouth Sophak Chakrya

A 100-kilogram Siamese giant carp that had been caught in a fisherman’s gill net was freed and released into the Tonle Sap lake by Fisheries Administration officials on Tuesday.

Yon Kunthea, a 36-year-old fisherman from Pursat province’s Krakor district, had sailed across the lake to set his fishing net in a more shallow area where smaller fish are typically found.

“I was collecting the fishing net to retrieve the small fish, but I saw a huge tear in the fishing net,” he said. “When I lifted it, I saw a huge Siamese giant carp trapped in it. At that time, I was overwhelmed because it was huge, and I have never experienced that before,” he said, adding that he promptly called the authorities to inspect and free the huge carp.
The Siamese giant carp is a rare and endangered freshwater species...
http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/1 ... -tonle-sap
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Re: 100-kilo Siamese Giant Carp caught in Tonle Sap.

Post by ExPenhMan »

That thing would crush a sofa.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: 100-kilo Siamese Giant Carp caught in Tonle Sap.

Post by Anchor Moy »

An amazing coincidence, or did they buy it from the Cambodian Fisheries Dept ? :clap:

Brit catches massive, record-shattering 100 kilo Siamese Carp in Ratchaburi
By Coconuts Bangkok September 30, 2016 / 16:22 ICT

An English fisherman caught what’s being called the biggest carp in the world, tipping the scales at a massive 100 kilograms (222 pounds). He caught the oversized swimmer at a pond in Ban Pong, Ratchaburi.

Fisherman Tim Webb, 57, was so proud to have caught the giant Siamese Carp after a 90-minute battle with it, that he bought the fish from the fishery where he was fishing.

His catch broke the previous world record for a Siamese Carp by a lot. The last “world’s largest carp” was a petite 32 kilograms (70 pounds) lighter...

Though he wouldn’t say how much he paid, it is thought to have cost him as much as THB200,000. :shock:
http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/09/30/b ... ratchaburi

Ok, which is biggest ? Be honest. It's the Cambodian one, right ?
100kg Thai carp.Image
Image 100kg Cambodian carp. :?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic