What DON'T you miss from "back home"?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Re: What DON'T you miss from "back home"?

Post by Soi Dog »

Tim Linkinwater wrote:In Britain, at least, you can't get anything done if you are dealing with any part of the state apparatus. The red tape and inefficiency is astounding, and unlike here you can't pay a "facilitator fee" to sort it out.
The point of being a government employee is to stay employed. If people were actually productive, and things got done, eventually they would run out of things to do and risk being downsized. Do as little as possible and your job is secure. "They can't lay us off, look at all this backlog of work that needs doing".
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

My mailbox.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Mrs Stroppy
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Mrs Stroppy »

General Mackevili wrote:My mailbox.
And bills everyday
Using Tapatalk
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

I believe my list on the previous page cannot be added to after more thinking on the matter.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

City police, County police, State police, Transit police, TSA police, Airport police, Code enforcement police, State park service police, Federal park service SWAT police, US Dept of ecology swat police, US dept of food and drug SWAT police, US Bureau of land management SWAT police, IRS SWAT police, Environmental protection agency SWAT police, US dept of education SWAT police, US fish and wildlife SWAT police, US Railroad Retirement board SWAT police, US Consumer product safety commission SWAT police, US dept of agriculture SWAT police, US office of personnel management SWAT police, US Immigration and customs SWAT police, US dept of education SWAT police, Tennessee valley authority SWAT police, US dept of energy SWAT police, US dept of homeland security SWAT police, US border patrol SWAT police, Federal protective services SWAT police, US dept of justice SWAT police, US mint SWAT police, Amtrak (trains) SWAT police, Central intelligence SWAT police, Federal reserve SWAT police, Pentagon SWAT police, US capitol federal SWAT police, Drug enforcement agency SWAT police, and on and on and on.

Two of the above tried to each kill me once each when I caught them in corruption with evidence. Yes, things I really don't miss about America, "The land of the not so free."

(She said "flee tomorrow" and I did.)(old Thailand joke:-)
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

Well, I am still here but, I will not be missing those PC wankers. This place has more than anywhere!

Billy, tell em about it but speak clearly, some folk on here are not from the UK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... bhuxWIxTgA
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

I will summarize the above thought tomorrow. Screw it, in summary , the UK is a lapdog.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

When I'm away I always miss being in Cambodia - I don't miss that so much when I'm here.
I think the grass is green on both sides of the fence - just looks different.

FC - sorry , didn't get the spliff/pipe that you were passing...
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Service tax added the bill.

Oh wait, that's here already.

:facepalm:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

Anchor Moy wrote:When I'm away I always miss being in Cambodia - I don't miss that so much when I'm here.
I think the grass is green on both sides of the fence - just looks different.

FC - sorry , didn't get the spliff/pipe that you were passing...
Brother, Methinks Chicken has a beautiful custom made glass pipe and some designer light blue meth ala Breaking Bad...his supply appears to be endless...
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic