Phnom Penh Airport - Sim Card + Taxi/Tuk Tuk

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Phnom Penh Airport - Sim Card + Taxi/Tuk Tuk

Post by Username Taken »

Bertros wrote:. . got a 3 month extension and new visa has the 'EB' stamp on it. I wasn't asked which extension I wanted,
That's probably so they can hit you up for tax at some time in the future. :evil:
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bertros »

Username Taken wrote:
Bertros wrote:. . got a 3 month extension and new visa has the 'EB' stamp on it. I wasn't asked which extension I wanted,
That's probably so they can hit you up for tax at some time in the future. :evil:
I would hope not but when might that be? Upon existing the country? I don't suppose they'd just show up at the apartment one day, or would they?

need to find out how to get one of the other categories if that's a possibility. the hassle factor for the tourist visa is too high if one is going to stay for more than a couple of months.

info/experience anyone?

cheers

Bertros :hattip:
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
xavoy
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by xavoy »

Just want to thank you all for the discussion! Although I hadn't replied, the visa talk was a comforting confirmation, the tuk tuk price info was spot on, and the location of the smart shop was super handy!

We arrived yesterday and paid the extra $5 for the Ordinary/E visa on arrival. We wandered up Riverside to the smart shop and got ourselves sorted with a SIM card each. We'll have to go back because we have no idea what our numbers are hahaha but the data is working perfectly, in fact I have my laptop tethered now so I can write this message (I hate writing on my phone).

Looking forward to running into some of you one day soon! I owe a few of you a beer or two.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

just call each other and ur number will show up
LOL :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

xavoy wrote:Just want to thank you all for the discussion! Although I hadn't replied, the visa talk was a comforting confirmation, the tuk tuk price info was spot on, and the location of the smart shop was super handy!

We arrived yesterday and paid the extra $5 for the Ordinary/E visa on arrival. We wandered up Riverside to the smart shop and got ourselves sorted with a SIM card each. We'll have to go back because we have no idea what our numbers are hahaha but the data is working perfectly, in fact I have my laptop tethered now so I can write this message (I hate writing on my phone).

Looking forward to running into some of you one day soon! I owe a few of you a beer or two.
Have you still got the plastic card they popped your Sim card out of? It's printed on that
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
xavoy
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by xavoy »

phuketrichard wrote:just call each other and ur number will show up
LOL :beer3:
:P
timmydownawell wrote: Have you still got the plastic card they popped your Sim card out of? It's printed on that
The girl put the sims into our phones herself, we should have made sure we took away something but in the past it's always been in the about section of our phones :/
xavoy
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by xavoy »

Sweet! Been playing around with USSD codes. If anyone else is silly enough to run out of a phone shop without knowing the phone number they've just paid for, try calling *2# - it will show you an "MSISDN Code" which is actually your phone number!
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bertros »

xavoy wrote:Just want to thank you all for the discussion! Although I hadn't replied, the visa talk was a comforting confirmation, the tuk tuk price info was spot on, and the location of the smart shop was super handy!

time and place?

cheers

A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
xavoy
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by xavoy »

Bertros wrote: time and place?

cheers

:P

I'm not in much of a position to suggest anywhere just yet, but am open to suggestions :)
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

xavoy wrote: Looking forward to running into some of you one day soon! I owe a few of you a beer or two.
big mistake, buggers here will drink u dry :beer3:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic