Wrong number causes attempted murder and suicide.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Wrong number causes attempted murder and suicide.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Man Kills Self After Wife Murder Fail
Khmer Times/Buth Reaksmey Kongkea Tuesday, 27 September 2016

A jealous husband in Tbong Khmum province stabbed his wife 16 times on Saturday night after accusing her of cheating on him. Believing her to be dead, he turned the knife on himself, causing fatal injuries.

Yin Sok Leng, a 33-year-old rice farmer from Memot district, died at the provincial hospital from four self-inflicted knife wounds to his chest and stomach, district police officer Captain Hang Sovann Mesa told Khmer Times yesterday. Hem Phalla, his 28-year-old wife of 10 years, survived the attack and is receiving treatment at the provincial referral hospital.

He said that Ms. Phalla had received a call from a man on Saturday night who had apparently dialed a wrong number. Rather than hang up, she spoke with him for a while, which caused her husband to suspect she was having an affair with the man. This led to an argument, which grew heated and at about 10:30pm, became violent.

“He has always been jealous of his wife. He got angry with her for talking with the man on the telephone and did not listen to her explanations,” Cap. Sovann Mesa said.

“He then caught her and stabbed her a total of 16 times with a knife, and caused her to get seriously injured. But his wife is not dead.”
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/30202/ ... rder-fail/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Wrong number causes attempted murder and suicide.

Post by rozzieoz »

Bloody hell- he did her a favour by killing himself.

My girlfriend does this also - She'll be chatting away on the phone and when she hangs up tells us it was a wrong number.

She's had a couple who enjoyed talking to her so much they rang back later!! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

rozzieoz wrote:Bloody hell- he did her a favour by killing himself.

My girlfriend does this also - She'll be chatting away on the phone and when she hangs up tells us it was a wrong number.

She's had a couple who enjoyed talking to her so much they rang back later!! Lol.

Best you post her number here so everyone can check out what you say is true.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Haha no way

Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bertros »

rozzieoz wrote:Bloody hell- he did her a favour by killing himself.

riiiiiiight......

the 'immaculate conception' phone call.

sure, that's the ticket!

cheers

Bertros :hattip:
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic