Scammer Steve in Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Re: Steve the Grifter

Post by King Keil »

Anybody met the two sisters who approach you and after a while of the usual small talk they say that they want legal advice about your homecountry. The reason is that they want to work as nurses there.
Claim to be of malaysian origin and after just two minutes ask you to go to lunch with them. Ran into them for the second time now and wonder what they are up to.
sanjuro
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by sanjuro »

I met him a few weeks back around 51. We had a good chat, he smoked me out, we had several beers and went on a little bar hop until he vanished. Not once did he try to extort cash from me or leave me a tab.
Later I bumped into him on the riverside--we made vague plans to meet up. Not a single hint of bullshit--I didn't bother to show at the bar.
Bumped into him the other night, again on riverside. Said he was going to get a drink, and I should come later. 20 minutes later I cross paths with him again, and he says he's waiting for some money to come through on WU. He had that look about him. I just said I'll see you later, good luck, etc.
I have a feeling that the next time I see him, he'll try to hit me up.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

I present to you, Scammer Steve:

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Satiated Parrot
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by Satiated Parrot »

He looks like a South American MMA fighter.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Satiated Parrot wrote:He looks like a South American MMA fighter.
Nah, Suarez has got bigger teeth.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Yep, that's the dude, although he was hiding behind glasses and baseball cap when we met him.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
khmerinade
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by khmerinade »

That's the one.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Scammer Steve in Cambodia

StroppyChops wrote:Yep, that's the dude, although he was hiding behind glasses..
Glasses as in glasses, or glasses as in sunglasses?

Is he trying to look all sophisticated now or what?

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

King Keil wrote:Anybody met the two sisters who approach you and after a while of the usual small talk they say that they want legal advice about your homecountry. The reason is that they want to work as nurses there.
Claim to be of malaysian origin and after just two minutes ask you to go to lunch with them. Ran into them for the second time now and wonder what they are up to.
kidneys.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Scammer Steve in Cambodia

King Keil wrote:Anybody met the two sisters who approach you and after a while of the usual small talk they say that they want legal advice about your homecountry. The reason is that they want to work as nurses there.
Definitely sounds like the typical Filipino scam.

Picture next time, please! ! ! ! I'd love to see them!

My hometown happens to have a very good nursing school, so maybe I'd be able to help them. In exchange for not robbing me, of course.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic