Cintri says it is owed up to $20M by Phnom Penh residents

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Re: Cintri says it is owed up to $20M by Phnom Penh residents

Post by Samouth »

Anchor Moy wrote:
Samouth wrote:
bolueeleh wrote:
Samouth wrote:Seriously Cintri is not doing a good job keeping the city clean. Almost everywhere you go in the city, you will see a pile up of trashes. BTW, can't really blame them, some Cambodians are really stupid and don't fu*king care about the environment. They just litter everywhere. Come to Phnom Penh after water festival bolueeleh.
i dont dont really like PP, i always end up staying near the bar streets, eating at almost all the same restaurants near the riverside, near central market or aeon mall, been to all the touristy spots, palace, museum, killing fields etc, nothing much to do there except mongering at night time :cry:

I generally don't really like Phnom Penh city too, but this is where my work is. So I have to stay. Hopefully i can move back to Sihanoukville soon. Hit me up when you are in town next time.

BTW, I want you to come after the water festival, because I want you to see how dirty the city is after three days of the festival.
Why not take some photos of the same places in PP before and after the festival and then post them? We will all see then.

But, to be fair, if there's nowhere to put the rubbish it will stay in the street. Ideally there would be plenty of bins... and of course lots of portable WC
for the crowds also. :stir:
I am hoping for different result this year. There are many volunteers joining to clean the city and this activity is being shared and circulated on facebook which mean many people must have seen this. At least, they have learned a little big on environmental pollution. Also, it seems like the city is paying more attention. I guess there should be more rubbish bins in the area during the festival. For pictures, I guess there will be more before and after pictures posting on facebook. Then, I can share.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic