Degrees of difficulty – the cost of cheating

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Degrees of difficulty – the cost of cheating

Post by prahkeitouj »

Everyone think education in Cambodia is poor, but people who good at study doesn't mean they can work better. My boss said he need staff that have knowledge 4 or 5 but can work 9 or 10 rather than employees who have 9-10 but can work only 3 or 4.
Btw I often heard some people tell me that foriegners who work in Cambodia are kind of foreigners who can't challenge with people in their countries or unemployed. And some of them come here to work on education sector. But as I know some friends are Teachers of English , they are paid well and can do many things than we can do.
Btw I'm thinking of Master degree. A foreigner told me study and degree from abroad is better. we cant measure anyone's capacity by where their degree from. Quality aren't much different if u study hard and most of lecturers got PHD. The problem isn't about local degree. i never cheated when i studied at university because I believe ក្រមង៉ុយនិយាយថា "ចេះឱ្យប្រាកដ ប្រាក់រត់តាមហៅ " .
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Teachers of English are paid well?
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

prahkeitouj wrote:Everyone think education in Cambodia is poor, but people who good at study doesn't mean they can work better. My boss said he need staff that have knowledge 4 or 5 but can work 9 or 10 rather than employees who have 9-10 but can work only 3 or 4.
Btw I often heard some people tell me that foriegners who work in Cambodia are kind of foreigners who can't challenge with people in their countries or unemployed. And some of them come here to work on education sector. But as I know some friends are Teachers of English , they are paid well and can do many things than we can do.
Btw I'm thinking of Master degree. A foreigner told me study and degree from abroad is better. we cant measure anyone's capacity by where their degree from. Quality aren't much different if u study hard and most of lecturers got PHD. The problem isn't about local degree. i never cheated when i studied at university because I believe ក្រមង៉ុយនិយាយថា "ចេះឱ្យប្រាកដ ប្រាក់រត់តាមហៅ " .
I think you are right. So many English teachers in Cambodia have no teaching degree or any qualifications to be a teacher, beside English is their first language. However, still so many native speakers write bad English, full of mistakes. :D I have never wanted to study English with native speakers. :stir:
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic