The House of Poo

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

The House of Poo

Post by vladimir »

Somewhere along my travels, I worked at InterContiinental Hotel. I'm not bragging, I'm very aware that if I hadn't worked there, I would never have gone inside it, as I cannot afford it.

I recently had the pleasure of dining at Sofitel, again, via my employer, lest I be accused of bragging.

And a few years back, for work reasons, I had occasion to drop in at Cambodiana.

Can I get to the frigging point! No puns? I smell a rat...

Anyway, my point is this: at all of the above-mentioned hotels, there were no bum-guns. Only paper.

Having lived in SE Asia for 16 years, I am a bum-gun devotee, paper is for barbarians who enjoy nappy rash and Klingons.

However, I digress: my question is this:Why? I know that many wealthy Khmers go to these hotels. Do the upper crust forsake the bum-gun and consider paper a fad?Why not have both? Do the hotel laundries charge excessive fees for erasing the inevitable tiger-stripes?

I am puzzled and perplexed. I'm sure Jacobincambodia is also interested in this, considering his vested interest in all things excremental, and his bathroom fantasies.

Enlighten me, someone.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
rick o'shea
Expatriate

Re: The House of Poo

Post by rick o'shea »

The Place gym is the same - paper only. And worse still, the chrome doorframe is polished to such a sheen that, if you should find yourself outside the toilet door inadvertantly looking up, you will see a clear reflection of the tenant. In addition, if you are sat on the throne, the door is full polished chrome also, so you get to admire yourself sat next to the open bin of stinking used toilet paper. Who said Khmer's have no class?
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Garry.Crabtree »

Vlad, sounds like you're in love squat Asian toilets, was it love at first shite??
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Cheer up vlad. We all know that the type of people that stay in places like that are arsewipes.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

I guess it is because those places cater to westerner tourists that are not used to the old squirt gun.

I'm like you Vlad. 15 years in Asia I need me bum gun. Tourists just don't know how to work the things.

I remember my mate from NZ meeting me in Thailand for a holiday and drenching the bathroom trying to work one.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Okay, I can work out the logistics of cleaning yourself, but what do you then do with a wet arse?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Joon »

Gently pat with paper or towel.
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Joon »

In my travels, best toilet I ever had the privilege to use was in Seoul, RoK, Lotte Hotel. Heated seat and electronically controlled integrated bum gun with warm water.
If I'm not mistaken, Japan's super toilets blow air to dry damp bottom.
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

Joon wrote:If I'm not mistaken, Japan's super toilets blow air to dry damp bottom.
Is that a haiku ?

"Best toilet was South Korea
Japan's super toilet uses air to dry damp bottom
No paper for me thankyou"

@Stroppy, I usually use my fingers to dry. Left hand.
@Vladimir, My worst toilet experience was at Sorya. No bum gun or paper. :? :evil:
Scarier than malaria.
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Garry.Crabtree »

Joon wrote:In my travels, best toilet I ever had the privilege to use was in Seoul, RoK, Lotte Hotel. Heated seat and electronically controlled integrated bum gun with warm water.
If I'm not mistaken, Japan's super toilets blow air to dry damp bottom.
I've also been to that hotel and stayed in the exclusive lounge, its 5 star and a great place. But you're right about the toilet, after going to the toilet I came out depressed as the damn thing was clever than I was. Still a great shit though.
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic