Cambodian Immigration/Visa Information

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Cambodian Immigration/Visa Information

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

There have been changes to the extension of stay options for the E-type (Ordinary) visa, there are now 6 different options available. I have not come across any official announcements on these from the Immigration department or MoFAIC yet though, nor details of requirements and costs.

You still apply for the E-type visa on arrival, but when you extend you choose one of the 6 extension of stay options that is relevant to your circumstances .

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.a ... bodge.html
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Still no spousal/marriage/family visa category yet though which is shit, plenty of Foreigners married to and/or have children with Cambodian citizens

From FB...

Recently renewed my one year visa it would appear from what was on the visa and what the agent told me when I asked the visas are getting categorised EB for business, ER for retirees, ES for students and there was one other cant remember now. Not sure how valid this all is ?
The agent did mention that if you were asked by the relevant authorities I assume she meant the immigration that you would be expected to show the correct paperwork that related to the category of visa you had she went on to qualify that if you were on a retirement visa for example you would be expected to show proof of income from your own country. I would guess that a foundation is getting laid for a more rigorous granting of visas system and in time it will be a pre requisite for you to supply more comprehensive paperwork prior to the visa being issued perhaps ? At the moment it would appear if it is done through an agent it is fairly easy as opposed to the hurdles you may find trying to do it yourself without the correct contacts ?
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bertros »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:There have been changes to the extension of stay options for the E-type (Ordinary) visa, there are now 6 different options available. I have not come across any official announcements on these from the Immigration department or MoFAIC yet though, nor details of requirements and costs.

You still apply for the E-type visa on arrival, but when you extend you choose one of the 6 extension of stay options that is relevant to your circumstances .

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.a ... bodge.html

Good info if it does come through. Would it be possible to get the origin of the information (source). Also, was there any information on requirements or supporting doc's needed for each? In particular, I'd be interested in the ER (retired) option. I noticed the ER option does not note if they are single or multi entry.

cheers

Bertros :hattip:
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Currently they are not requesting any supporting documentation for the new EOS categories, but likely will once they get their shit together.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Would they consider renting out an Airbnb property as "working"?
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
thePeck
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by thePeck »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:10 pm Still no spousal/marriage/family visa category yet though which is shit, plenty of Foreigners married to and/or have children with Cambodian citizens
I know, that seems odd that there isn't one and it's not even being considered as far as I can tell by what I've read and heard.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:Image
Available here:
https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/MFA%20 ... FYxMpTzBxQ
Got a URL that isn't some silly Facebook attachment that chrome blocks?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

^^^ With any luck we'll have updated links shortly. :)
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:57 pm Image
Available here:
https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/MFA%20 ... FYxMpTzBxQ
Thanks for reposting, I was getting around to it after posting that link on K440...

[Khmer440 link removed.]

Oh, and it went into effect Sept 2016, not June
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic