Scammer Steve in Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Steve the Grifter

Post by StroppyChops »

I didn't realize this guy is so prolific. With his talents you'd think he'd pick up work easily - obviously doesn't want it.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
khmerinade
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by khmerinade »

He makes the rounds from PP to Siem Reap to BB to Sihanoukville. I'm pretty sure he's a Khmer/American deportee with a hard drug problem.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

If he tries it on again I'll ask if he'll tell his story in exchange for a meal.
khmerinade
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by khmerinade »

StroppyChops wrote:If he tries it on again I'll ask if he'll tell his story in exchange for a meal.
I wonder which story he'll tell you.
thePeck
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by thePeck »

He's infamous. I meet him about a year ago in PP. But he was infamous before that.

He tried to scam me twice and I'm thing wtf?! Ok I guess of all the people you try to scam you can't remember them all.

I spotted him most recently about 3 weeks ago at the Fish restaurant on riverside next to night market.

A funny thing is I didn't see him for awhile but coming back from the beach. He was hitching a ride on the tailgate of a Khmer family car.
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

I'm pretty sure Cambod has some photos of him or a video or something in his personal collection. I recall him filming him once... unless I'm imagining things.
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

StroppyChops wrote:If he tries it on again I'll ask if he'll tell his story in exchange for a meal.
I really don't get some the so called interest and respect some of you guys give this clown. He is the essence of a bottom feeder -- preying on the good will of others.

There is not enough kindness is the world as it is and this guy helps make people more suspicious and less kind.

$%#^ him, $#@% his story.

This dude has earned some seriously bad karma and I look forward to it catching up with him.
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Have you met him, RD? The guy is almost worth a meal just on performance value alone.
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

StroppyChops wrote:Have you met him, RD? The guy is almost worth a meal just on performance value alone.
Of course I met him. Read my previous post. I gave him 20 minutes when I was hanging out on Riverside with nothing better to do.

About as interesting as a hooker with a sick water buffalo story.

I have little respect for people who try to exploit the good will of others. Zero interest in his "story".
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Okay, then.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic