Introduce Yourself

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by General Mackevili »

4000islandsguy wrote: Sorry if that is a bland intro but I am a bland guy. :)
Nice into! (I'd tell you "welcome" but I already replied to you on another thread, LoL.)
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Soi Dog wrote: I find Vientiane to be the most boring city in Asia, and I have had to go there dozens of times.
To me, Vientiane seemed like it would be a nice place to live, but not a lot to do as a visitor.

For that reason, I only stayed a few days when I had planned to stay a whole week.

I had a lot of fun meeting up with Jacked Camry, RichardPhuket and Sigmoid though. Also went around town on a push-bike. Poor bike.

Vientiane is like if Phnom Penh and Savannah, Georgia had a baby, 20 years ago.

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
4000islandsguy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by 4000islandsguy »

Yes, I think VTE could be quite a nice place to live as well. It has most everything a guy could need and easy access to Thailand for what isn't. My friend was looking for alternatives to Thailand and VTE was a possibility. One thing going against it as a place to live is availability of nice, western style, places to rent. To get anything close to the condo he has in BKK actually costs more in VTE. Anyway didn't mean to derail this thread, I am sure we could find another place to discuss locations other than Cambodia.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

does have some good food and i love the laid back atmosphere
as to accommodations; apts might be tough, but i met a guy that has a 3 bedroom house on the Mekong about 5 kms outside of town pays $400/month!!

what a great deal
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
aussieexpat1068
Tourist
Australia

Post by aussieexpat1068 »

Hi all. Australian guy who had been living in Pattaya Thailand before moving back to Australia for a short break. Was married to a Thai, had a massage business, home, car, bike etc. Have always enjoyed Thailand and frequenting my wife's village in Roi-Et. Now looking for greener pastures with my new found freedom and have decided Cambodia is my next best port of call. Don't mind a drink or gas bagging with other expats and locals. Dig tattoos, loose women and writing about 12 years of experience in Thailand about the good, the bad and the ugly. Cheers.
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

Welcome to CEO, Aussieexpat.

What flag is that?
Scarier than malaria.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

aussieexpat1068 wrote:Hi all. Australian guy who had been living in Pattaya Thailand before moving back to Australia for a short break. Was married to a Thai, had a massage business, home, car, bike etc. Have always enjoyed Thailand and frequenting my wife's village in Roi-Et. Now looking for greener pastures with my new found freedom and have decided Cambodia is my next best port of call. Don't mind a drink or gas bagging with other expats and locals. Dig tattoos, loose women and writing about 12 years of experience in Thailand about the good, the bad and the ugly. Cheers.
Welcome aboard... but... what's gas bagging?

I looked on urban dictionary and found this... which i'm "guessing" isn't what you meant:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... %20bagging
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

OrangeDragon wrote:
aussieexpat1068 wrote:Hi all. Australian guy who had been living in Pattaya Thailand before moving back to Australia for a short break. Was married to a Thai, had a massage business, home, car, bike etc. Have always enjoyed Thailand and frequenting my wife's village in Roi-Et. Now looking for greener pastures with my new found freedom and have decided Cambodia is my next best port of call. Don't mind a drink or gas bagging with other expats and locals. Dig tattoos, loose women and writing about 12 years of experience in Thailand about the good, the bad and the ugly. Cheers.
Welcome aboard... but... what's gas bagging?

I looked on urban dictionary and found this... which i'm "guessing" isn't what you meant:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... %20bagging
Yeah, that's the one. Aussies just love that kind of stuff.

:dragonchase:

ali baba wrote:Welcome to CEO, Aussieexpat.

What flag is that?
Eureka.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Welcome!

I was thinking he meant laughing gas balloons.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

Welcome
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic