Thai king sick again with infection

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Thai king sick again with infection

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Sailorman wrote:Its going to be real interesting to see who becomes king/queen. Don't believe I'd visit Thailand for a while after he dies. I mean really, how many prince's have their wife videoed nude at a party for a dog.
Just in case you missed it - Foo Foo's birthday party:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/v ... video.html
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:the country will shut down when he finally goes

This is exactly what I think. I polled my friends but they hadn't thought about that. Well, I'm thinking about a PP bolt hole should that paralysis occur. Will be in PP in mid-September for a look see.

Interestingly, Thaivisa hasn't published this, that I could find. Not surprising since it might court official attention.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

no it wont shut down, all will go on, not exactly as normal ,but life as most know it wont change a bit
BUT after the 6 month morning period.... lets say, I am hopeful . one reason why the army wants to get things firmly under control and keeps putting off elections.

BTW; this is not abnormal for southern thailand
BANGKOK — Police say a bomb has exploded and hit a train in southern Thailand, killing one railroad worker and injuring another.

Police Capt. Pramoj Juichuay says the bomb was placed on the tracks and exploded when the train passed over it as it was passing a station in Pattani province at around 5:30 p.m. Saturday. The bomb blast blew off the last carriage of the train.
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/09 ... lence.html
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Yes, Thailand will change. It's already the new Burma/Cambodia, slipping down the scale in the race for the bottom of the AEC, its decades of development wasted. Of course, there's strong competition from the PI, as usual.

The main noticeable change will be a massive increase in corruption, which has already started in the bureaucracy and outrageous mismanagement and incompetence is major enterprises such as banks and the transport industry, also already happening. This will reach unprecedented levels. A currency collapse, similar to 1997 (50 thb to 1 usd), is likely, as a result. A lot of the country may be sold off to some of the neighbours. A tipping point in the de-evolution of the nation could be reached and true "failed state" status may be achieved.

Yes, there will be a mourning period, although a full year seems more probable, and further postponement of elections. I think the military will try to morph into a military-appointed govt (new PM) as some kind of concession in order to create an illusion of progress.

There have been some suggestions about the (grand)daughter being chosen so that that part of the equation will be stabilised, but, as much as it's nice to be optimistic, I wouldn't be too hopeful at all.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bertros »

Sailorman wrote:Its going to be real interesting to see who becomes king/queen. Don't believe I'd visit Thailand for a while after he dies. I mean really, how many prince's have their wife videoed nude at a party for a dog.

It does make for a happy puppy though.
and that can't be all bad....

cheers

Bertros :hattip:
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bertros »

sigmoid wrote:Yes, A tipping point in the de-evolution of the nation could be reached and true "failed state" status may be achieved.

I think all would agree, any country that has had (something) like 20 constitutions since circa 1930's has been doing it wrong and is the very definition of a "failed state".
must be a record.

just sayin'

cheers

Bertros :hattip:
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

....The main noticeable change will be a massive increase in corruption, which has already started in the bureaucracy and outrageous mismanagement and incompetence is major enterprises such as banks and the transport industry, also already happening. This will reach unprecedented levels. A currency collapse, similar to 1997 (50 thb to 1 usd), is likely, as a result. A lot of the country may be sold off to some of the neighbours. A tipping point in the de-evolution of the nation could be reached and true "failed state" status may be achieved.
BS; corruption is way down, tourism is up, ( Russians coming back and Thailand is THE place to visit for Chinese) the baht went from 35.5 to now 34.6
transport industry is fine. They will NEVER sell off the country the way Cambodia has ( to dam proud)
New constitution just voted in , gives military more powers and most of the country voted for it.

BTW Sigmoid; are here to see what is going on / do u watch thai news, speak with thai's or....?

This looks to be the start of something and could cause more future trouble than Taksins return, here in Phuket, Moslems are very more noticeable ( in fact all the way up to Chumpon) on a daily basis than 2-3 years ago.a sort of "proud to be Moslem "movement
Thailand's Muslim population is concerned about a clause in a recently-approved constitution, which appears to attempt to further marginalize Islam and push for Buddhism to be considered the country's de-facto religion.

The country's Malay Muslims -- long alienated in three insurgency-wracked provinces on the southern border with Malaysia -- came out in force against the draft in an Aug. 7 vote -- a declaration that many see as representing disillusionment with the new clause.
http://aa.com.tr/en/asia-pacific/thai-m ... ism/640116
Last edited by phuketrichard on Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

if thai tourism goes, it will affect cambodia tourism too, many europeans tourist group all these together for 1 trip, thai, laos, cam, mynmar, viet etc
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Phnom phen sadly is going down hill due to greedy bar girls and scamming coppers and Ds
why do i not find this so?

nothing has changed from what i can tell
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Phnom phen sadly is going down hill due to greedy bar girls and scamming coppers and Ds .
Yeah, says who? Dumbass.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic