Cambodian Songs/Lyrics

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13791
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1982
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Cambodian Songs/Lyrics

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:49 pm

Came across this song today which i fell in love with, so decided to do a translation for it (little unsure with the use of the word Thlai in the middle)
enjoy...
this girl sings it amazingly on Cambodia Idol last weekend


Ros Sereysothea Original



រលកដួងចិត្ត ជីវិតស្នេហា
Rolok Duong Jet, Chivit Sneha
Feeling upset, of my Love Life

ប្រាប់ថាជាតិនេះចំបែង
Brab Tha Jiat Nih Jambaeng
This Feeling of Worry

រស់នៅកំព្រា រងាម្នាក់ឯង
Ros Nov Kamprea, Rongea Mneak Aing
Living in Loneliness, Afraid of Being Alone

សង្រេងព្រោះគ្តស្នេហ៍ស្នង
Sangreng Pruah Ktey Snei Snong
Suffering Because of Love

ស្នេហ៍អើយសូមបងមេត្តា
Snei Aey Som Bong Mettah
Love Please Darling Have Mercy

សូមបងមេតា្ត
Som Bong Mettah
Please Darling Have Mercy

ឆ្លើយមក ឆ្លើយមកស្នេហា
Chhlaey Mok, Chhlaey Mok Sneha
Reply To Me, Reply To Me Love

អោយអូនដឹងផង
Aey Oun Dung Pong
I Know Too

អូននឹក នឹកដល់ប្រុសថ្លៃ
Oun Nuk, Nuk Dol Bros Thlai
I Miss, Miss when man dearly

គ្មានថ្លៃកន្លង
Kmean Thlai Kanlong
Without cost to step over

នេះម្តងធ្វើម្តេចនឹងបាន
Nih Mtang Tver Mtek Nung Bahn
This Once How I Will Have

ប្រាណមកថ្នមបី
Brean mok Tnam Bey
Strength From Taking Care In Your Arms

រលកចិន្តា ស្នេហាកវី
Rolok Jentah Sneha Kavey
Upset Thinking of Love

លុះក្ស័យស្រីនៅតែចាំ
Loh Ksaey Srey Nov Tae Jam
When a Girl Surrenders to Losing she Can Only Wait
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13791
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1982
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Cambodian Songs/Lyrics

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:10 am

Figured out my earlier mistake (i had written Thlai twice when one of them was actually Tngai lol...)
so heres the updated lyrics (with better English subs)...

this girl sings it amazingly on Cambodia Idol last weekend


Ros Sereysothea Original


រលកដួងចិត្ត ជីវិតស្នេហា
Rolok Duong Jet, Chivit Sneha
I'm Feeling upset, of my Love Life

ប្រាប់ថាជាតិនេះចំបែង
Brab Tha Jiat Nih Jambaeng
This Feeling of Worry

រស់នៅកំព្រា រងាម្នាក់ឯង
Ros Nov Kamprea, Rongea Mneak Aing
Of Living in Loneliness, I'm Afraid of Being Alone

សង្រេងព្រោះគ្តស្នេហ៍ស្នង
Sangreng Pruah Ktey Snei Snong
I'm Suffering Because of Love

ស្នេហ៍អើយសូមបងមេត្តា
Snei Aey Som Bong Mettah
Love Please Darling Have Mercy

សូមបងមេតា្ត
Som Bong Mettah
Please Darling Have Mercy

ឆ្លើយមក ឆ្លើយមកស្នេហា
Chhlaey Mok, Chhlaey Mok Sneha
Reply To Me, Reply To Me Love

អោយអូនដឹងផង
Aey Oun Dung Pong
I Know Too

អូននឹក នឹកដល់ប្រុសថ្លៃ
Oun Nuk, Nuk Dol Bros Thlai
I Miss, Miss having a man dearly

គ្មានថ្ងៃកន្លង
Kmean Tngai Kanlong
Without a day to get over

នេះម្តងធ្វើម្តេចនឹងបាន
Nih Mtang Tver Mtek Nung Bahn
This Once How I Will Have-

ប្រាណមកថ្នមបី
Brean mok Tnam Bey
Strength From Taking Care In Your Arms

រលកចិន្តា ស្នេហាកវី
Rolok Jentah Sneha Kavey
I'm Upset from Thinking of Love

លុះក្ស័យស្រីនៅតែចាំ
Loh Ksaey Srey Nov Tae Jam
When a Girl Surrenders to Losing she Can Only Wait...
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Raybull
Expatriate
Posts: 1199
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:54 am
Reputation: 12

Re: Cambodian Songs/Lyrics

Post by Raybull » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:46 am

Bang on mate! I'm currently jamming to some Bross La

Should be a plethora of short haired cuties around when I get back! :love10:
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13791
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1982
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Cambodian Songs/Lyrics

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:12 pm

Raybull wrote:Bang on mate! I'm currently jamming to some Bross La

Should be a plethora of short haired cuties around when I get back! :love10:
(how fucking weird ive just got this song pumping out my Spotify headphones lol)

but..yes! i think you missed the Neary Sok Kley bandwaggon though, that song was huge earlier this year! it is actually a banger though so didint get too annoying 10 times in the bar every night,
he then brought out some equally as good songs out that ive been jamming to... also bangers! great to hear some decent hiphop coming out of Cambodia!


:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13791
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1982
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Cambodian Songs/Lyrics

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:08 pm

Just translated Aok Sokun Kanhas "Saxophone Bat Sne"

i love Chhin Ratanak rocked out version (watch!)


ទុក្ខសោករួមរីត ដួងចិត្តស្រពោន
Tukksaok Ruom Rit, Duong Jet Sro paon
Pain and sorrow joining up and feeling sad

ដូចSaxaphone កំព្រាបាត់ស្នេហ៍
Duok Saxaphone Komprea Bat Sne
Like the lonely Saxophone losing love

ធ្លាប់ផ្លុំប្រគំច្រៀងលួងថ្នាក់ថ្នម បំពេ
Chlop Pluom Brokom Chreung Luong Tneak Tnom, Bompe
Used to playing quiet relaxing concerts singing on stage to comfort softly, Serenading

ឥឡូវសល់តែ Saxoកម្សត់
Ai Lov Sol Tae Saxo-Kamsot
Now all that remains is Saxo-lonely

បងនៅទីណា វិលវិញស្នេហ៍ស្នង
Bong Nov Ti Naa, Vil Vinh Sne Snong
Where are you? Love return back to me

នឹកណាស់ស្នេហ៍ស្នង ម្ចាស់ស្នេល៍
Nuk Nas Sne Snong, Mtes Sne
I Miss Love a lot, being the owner of love

Saxaphone ចាំបងម្នាក់គត់
Saxophone Jam Bong Mneak Kot
The Saxophone waits only you alone

វិលវិញរួមស្នេហ៍ ស្នេហ៍ដ៏បរិសុទ្ធ
Vil Vinh Ruom Sne, Sne Dae Brisott
Return again and unite love, love which is perfect and pure

Saxoកម្សត់ ចាំមាសមេ
Saxo-Kamsot Jam Meas Me
Saxo-lonely waiting for the golden one

ផ្លុំបទថ្នមស្នេហ៍ ដូចមុន
Pluom Bot Tnam Sne Duok Mun
Playing a verse to take care of love like before
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Raybull
Expatriate
Posts: 1199
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:54 am
Reputation: 12

Re: Cambodian Songs/Lyrics

Post by Raybull » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:47 am

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Raybull wrote:Bang on mate! I'm currently jamming to some Bross La

Should be a plethora of short haired cuties around when I get back! :love10:
(how fucking weird ive just got this song pumping out my Spotify headphones lol)

but..yes! i think you missed the Neary Sok Kley bandwaggon though, that song was huge earlier this year! it is actually a banger though so didint get too annoying 10 times in the bar every night,
he then brought out some equally as good songs out that ive been jamming to... also bangers! great to hear some decent hiphop coming out of Cambodia!


Yeah that'll teach me for leavin so early this year...but been onto his others songs too. Not a big fan of fellow countryman Tony Keo but I dig that he redid 'Outside the box' with him. The original is a banger too, although the vid he shot in his hometown in Minnesota on the streetcars is kinda meh!

Nthing wrong with girls and alcohol too...

Here's a another catchy one by Seav Jks shot in our backyard.

Btw, did u go to BL and SJ's show at LV in early June??
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13791
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1982
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Cambodian Songs/Lyrics

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:49 pm

Raybull wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Raybull wrote:Bang on mate! I'm currently jamming to some Bross La

Should be a plethora of short haired cuties around when I get back! :love10:
(how fucking weird ive just got this song pumping out my Spotify headphones lol)

but..yes! i think you missed the Neary Sok Kley bandwaggon though, that song was huge earlier this year! it is actually a banger though so didint get too annoying 10 times in the bar every night,
he then brought out some equally as good songs out that ive been jamming to... also bangers! great to hear some decent hiphop coming out of Cambodia!


Yeah that'll teach me for leavin so early this year...but been onto his others songs too. Not a big fan of fellow countryman Tony Keo but I dig that he redid 'Outside the box' with him. The original is a banger too, although the vid he shot in his hometown in Minnesota on the streetcars is kinda meh!

Nthing wrong with girls and alcohol too...

Here's a another catchy one by Seav Jks shot in our backyard.

Btw, did u go to BL and SJ's show at LV in early June??
Naa i missed it mate, i knew they had a hip hop night on but didn't realise he was singing until all my khmer friends put pics on fb was gutted think id gone to pp instead


មិនដេលកុហក មិនដេលយំ
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13791
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1982
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Cambodian Songs/Lyrics

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:25 pm

Khemarak Sereymon - Lers Pi Fan Ban Ot

.
.
ឈ្មោះត្រឹមជាFanបេះដូងជាស្នេហា
Chmuah Trum Chea Fan Bah Dung Chea Sneha
Im called a "Fan" my heart is in love

ឱ្យធ្វើយ៉ាងណាឬរស់លាក់អារម្មណ៍
Aoy Tver Yarng Naa Ruu Ros Leak Arommn
How can i do it or should i live with secret feelings

ស្នេហ៍គេម្នាក់ឯងម្តងសើចម្តងលួចយំ
Sne Ke Mneak Aing Mtang Seik Mtang Luak Yom
I love only her, one time i laugh, one time i secretly cry

មិនហ៊ានប្រាប់ចំចំថាស្នេហ៍
Men Hian Brap Jom Jom Tha Sne
Not daring to tell of my true love

ឱ្យតែជួបមុនបេះដូងលោតឌុកដាក់
Aoy Tae Juap Mun Bah Dung Lot Duk Dak
However we did meet before, my heart was beating strongly but i keep it to myself

លោតខុសចង្វាក់អរភ័យម៉េចម៉េចទេ
Lot Khos Changvak Ar Phey Mek Mek Te
Beating strongly but is it the wrong rhythm, happiness or fear, what is it!?

ពេលអូនសួរនាំបងបែរអៀនឡើងខ្វេរ
Pel Oun Suar Nam Bong Baer Eeun Leng Khver
That time you asked me for advice i became increasingly shy

រកឆ្លើយមិនត្រូវទេលោកអើយ
Rok Chley Men Trov Te Louk Aey
To ask me to reply is not right! No Sir!

ដឹងអូនជាតារា
Dung Oun Jia Tara
You know you are a superstar

មិនខ្វះអ្នកតាមស្នេហ៍ឡើយ
Men Kveah Neak Tam Sne Laey
Thats not lacking love at all

តែបងមិនអាចដើរបកក្រោយ
Te Bong Men Aaik Daer Bok kraoy
But i can not come back later

លង់ស្នេហ៍អូនហើយជាតិហ្នឹង
Lng Sne Oun Hauy Jiat Hunung
I already love you right now

លើសពីFanបានអត់
Lers Pi Fan Ban Ot?
Are you out of reach for a Fan?

បងស្បថមិនឱ្យគេដឹង
Bong Sbop Men Aoy Ke Dung
I vow not to let her know

បើគេសួរថាFanព្រលឹង
Ba Ke Suar Tha Fan Prolung
If she asks tell her im her favourite Fan

ការពារគេដឹងធ្លាក់កូដ
Gar Piar Ke Dung Tliak God
And protect her from knowing im falling down
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Samouth
Expatriate
Posts: 3679
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:25 am
Reputation: 13
Location: Phnom Penh
Burundi

Re: Cambodian Songs/Lyrics

Post by Samouth » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:59 pm

Hey Jamie, been really busy these days. I appreciate your efforts on this. Will have a look on some of your translations and try to edit some tiny mistakes. BTW, this is great.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13791
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1982
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Cambodian Songs/Lyrics

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:12 pm

Samouth wrote:Hey Jamie, been really busy these days. I appreciate your efforts on this. Will have a look on some of your translations and try to edit some tiny mistakes. BTW, this is great.
Hey Samouth good to see you back posting mate,
yeah i dont imagine them to be perfect but its good practice :thumb:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 52 guests