Who said it is only Muslims

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Who said it is only Muslims

Post by kiwiincambodia »

So this ''woman'' (and I use that term loosly), claims she should be able to beat her son due to her CHRISTIAN beliefs......

Evangelical Christian mom claims Indiana's religious freedom law means she is allowed to beat her 7-year-old son for disobeying her beliefs

- Kihn Par Thaing was arrested in February after a teacher at her son's school found the boy covered in more than 30 bruises
- The mother, a refugee from Myanmar, said she beat her son and 3-year-old daughter when she caught them showing each other their private parts
- Last month, Thaing's attorney tried to get the charges dropped using the state's Religious Freedom Restoration Act
- The law allows individuals and businesses to argue that their exercise of religion has been burdened in legal cases
- The judge denied that request on August 5, saying that the boy's beating went 'beyond these religious instructions'
- Judge added that Indiana's compelling interest in preventing child abuse outweighs religious protections in the state

By Associated Press

Published: 18:28 GMT, 31 August 2016 | Updated: 00:24 GMT, 2 September 2016

A mother, who beat her seven-year-old son with a coat hanger, is claiming Indiana's religious objections law gives her the right to discipline her children - however she see's fit - so long as its according to her evangelical Christian beliefs.

Kihn Par Thaing, 30, of Indianapolis was arrested in February on felony abuse and neglect charges after a teacher discovered her 7-year-old son's injuries. Thaing is accused of beating her son with a coat hanger, leaving him with 36 bruises and red welts.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4J4rWARkH
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Who said it is only Muslims

Post by Bertros »

and here's me wondering just how many "evangelical Christian Burmese" there can possibly be in the entire solar system?
Not to mention, how many could have ended up in the Hoosier state! Must be the very definition of a minority....

cheers

Bertros :hattip:
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: Who said it is only Muslims

Post by General Mackevili »

Bertros wrote:and here's me wondering just how many "evangelical Christian Burmese" there can possibly be in the entire solar system?
The answer is always TOO MANY.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

the kid got away easy, i got whacked by horse whip all the time by my old man
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bertros »

bolueeleh wrote:the kid got away easy, i got whacked by horse whip all the time by my old man
reminds me of the great Line by Groucho Marx, "I'd horse whip you if I had a horse!"

cheers

Bertros :hattip:
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

^^ And reminds me of a guy that I worked with many moons ago who often said, "I feel like I've been horse-whipped with a real horse". .
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Nothing like having a "personal Jesus": :thumb:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic