Cambodia gripped by Pokemon Go yet?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Cambodia gripped by Pokemon Go yet?

Post by General Mackevili »

There are still some sexy Pokemon I haven't caught:

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Pokemon Go Spurs Asia Business Boom
JAKARTA (Reuters) – Asian fans of smartphone game Pokemon Go are hunting out the best telecom providers and network gear to overcome the hurdle posed by patchy network signals in their race to capture virtual cartoon characters.

From Indonesia to Hong Kong and Cambodia, the wild popularity of Nintendo’s augmented reality app is also driving lifestyle changes for many gamers, who must trudge through real-life locations in their quest.

The game launched in many Southeast Asian countries on August 5, a month after the United States, New Zealand and Australia, but enthusiasts are finding they must first vanquish shaky transmission signals...

In Indonesia, Muchamad Syaifudin, a 29-year-old bank employee, said he switched to a mobile carrier offering better data packages, while his friends snapped up modems, at a cost of $20 each, to lock on to the signals.
The game officially launched just two weeks ago in Indonesia, but tens of thousands of enthusiastic adopters among a population of 250 million had started playing earlier, using proxy sites to access app stores elsewhere.

Gamers are fuelling a boom for modem makers, such as PT Smartfren Telecom, whose nationwide sales of 4G modems, priced around 300,000 rupiah ($23) each, have jumped fivefold in just two months.

The firm has launched new devices with bigger battery capacity, Derrick Surya, Smartfren’s vice president for brand and marketing communication, told Reuters.

Retailers also benefit as more gamers seek devices to power up mobile connections and minimize the expense of data packages...
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
jimsocks
Expatriate

Post by jimsocks »

Pokemon go already starting to die down here in the states
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I love how tapatalk shows pictures. I'd miss so many good threads if it didn't have that preview feature...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bertros »

ok.... sideways but some what related question:

My little cousin is now into pokemon, sooo.....

IS there some where's I can get a bit of the stuff and take it back to him?

actually, the little guy's my 3rd cousin and he lives in Hicksville so not much access to the stuff. thought I might bring him a surprise he can't get in the US.

any ideas are appreciated.

cheers

Bertros :hattip:
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

General Mackevili wrote:There are still some sexy Pokemon I haven't caught:

Time for a new membership I reckon, money well wasted there back in the day! :Yahoo!: Top place to find a poke!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic