KImedia discussion

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: This is some heavy shit between JM/K440 and KImedia

Post by OrangeDragon »

Digg3r wrote:I think analysis done by someone who isn't a citizen can be a better option as they are not biased either way.
It can go either way... they can often be biased for/against a country without being a citizen. Look how many foreign "experts" there are on US foreign policy who do so with bias one direction or the other.
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

No, you're the biased one. US foreign policy stinks...
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Digg3r wrote:No, you're the biased one. US foreign policy stinks...
See. ;-)

And you'll note I said it goes both ways. Some foreign reports are in support of our actions as well.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

I guess Aussie foreign policy stinks too then. Didn't you have troops in Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq?

And some of those recent comments on that site mentioned in the OP seem to have nothing at all to do with anger over the article. Sounds like someone has a definite ax to grind with the author? Shades of Morrish?
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

I think everyone had the right to look into and discuss anything they please, regardless of where they live or are from, including and especially politics.

The Cambodians should be glad a foreigner is so interested in these topics that they spend their time pursuing it.

I don't think he's trying to vote on it or anything.

I read both articles, and both authors seem to agree that Cambodia stands no chance in any court over the matter.

And for the record, I just breezed through them, as I'm not very familiar with any of the story.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

Soi Dog wrote:
I guess Aussie foreign policy stinks too then. Didn't you have troops in Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq?

And some of those recent comments on that site mentioned in the OP seem to have nothing at all to do with anger over the article. Sounds like someone has a definite ax to grind with the author? Shades of Morrish?
I agree. Australia's foreign policy sucks too. In fact, if Australia had a comparable military to the US we'd have a much worse foreign policy. Especially with that nut job Abbott at the helm.
youngster
Tourist

Post by youngster »

Anyone with some insights on who is writing and commenting on KiMedia or Khmerization? Why are they writing in English?
milkncereal
Expatriate

Post by milkncereal »

General Mackevili wrote: The Cambodians should be glad a foreigner is so interested in these topics that they spend their time pursuing it.

BINGO! they should be a happy people are discussing this matter.
starkmonster
Expatriate

Post by starkmonster »

youngster wrote:Anyone with some insights on who is writing and commenting on KiMedia or Khmerization? Why are they writing in English?
Because most of them are Khmericans who can't read Khmer.
Tim Linkinwater
Expatriate

Post by Tim Linkinwater »

There wouldn't be much written history at all, and none on Cambodia, if only nationals of a country were allowed to write it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic