New Cambodian visa>>

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

New Cambodian visa>>

Post by phuketrichard »

COSTS?????
Starting next month, certain foreign visitors to Cambodia will be able to apply for multi-entry business and tourist visas lasting as long as three years, Tourism Minister Thong Khon said at a seminar yesterday.

Speaking at a Japanese-Cambodian tourism conference, Khon went on to bill the measure as an effort to “promote tourism growth”.

“The government has approved the new policy for multi-entry visas, which international tourists and investors can apply for at the airport for one, two or three years, and we will start to implement this on September 1,” Khon said.
http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/n ... nch-sept-1
“The multi-entry visa is being implemented from September 1 for international tourists and international businessmen, but the conditions of stay and payment fees will vary depending on the agreements between the government and each [other] country’s government,” Veasna said, adding that so far only Japan had finalised such an agreement, giving its citizens the option to apply for one-, two- and three-year visas.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: New Cambodian visa>>

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Fairly certain that Japanese have been able to get 3yr MEEV Visas for a few years already.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Wish I could say I was encouraged by this news. Seems like lots of vital details missing, especially about the long-term tourist visa. Maybe this is supposed to be the retirement visa. And one has to ask why there have to be international bilateral agreements before you can get a long-term visa. This story is strange.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

"....ary depending on the agreements between the government and each [other] country’s government,..."

LOL
yea i can see the us, uk, oz, granting multiple entry tourist visas to Khmers..... more bullshit
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

phuketrichard wrote:COSTS?????
Someone from the embassy helping setting it up told me it is supposed to cost 180$.
Requirements regarding mainly about age and home country pensions/legal retirement status.

Another visa or amendment to this one is supposed to be following, faring for younger and other sorts of retirees with personal monetary requirements on which above not mentioned embassy had nothing to do with.

I asked about possible visas for families and new Cambodians visas but the person I was speaking to had no clue.

As often, for lack of resources (competences?) the kingdom law makers are asking for legal assistance from other countries.
At the end of the day I foresee several new visas coming one by one over an extended period of time and drafted from various legal logics depending on who helped or simply put: yet another administrative cluster fuck.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

"Someone from the embassy helping setting it up told me it is supposed to cost 180$.
Requirements regarding mainly about age and home country pensions/legal retirement status."
for how long< what age, how much $$ needed to show, How to show ( bank Cambodia or...)

what does this mean? "legal retirement status" as determined by who?

leaves more questions than answers.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

phuketrichard wrote:
"Someone from the embassy helping setting it up told me it is supposed to cost 180$.
Requirements regarding mainly about age and home country pensions/legal retirement status."
for how long< what age, how much $$ needed to show, How to show ( bank Cambodia or...)

My understanding was it would be only available for people reaching legal retirement age in their home country along side with proof of retiree status.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Barang_doa_slae wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:

My understanding was it would be only available for people reaching legal retirement age in their home country along side with proof of retiree status.
we will see,
Thailand sets retirement age ( from when u can obtain a retirement extension) at 50,

what is "proof of retiree status" US does not issue such a document, does any country?
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

ExPenhMan wrote:Wish I could say I was encouraged by this news. Seems like lots of vital details missing, especially about the long-term tourist visa. Maybe this is supposed to be the retirement visa. And one has to ask why there have to be international bilateral agreements before you can get a long-term visa. This story is strange.
The countries who have "agreements" mentioned in the article are Japan, China and South Korea. At a guess, Cambodia's biggest donors ?
Veasna said, adding that so far only Japan had finalised such an agreement, giving its citizens the option to apply for one-, two- and three-year visas.
China and South Korea are currently applying for the three-year option.
So, if you're from meddling countries like the US and the EU, don't hold your breath.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

as an "expert" in khmer beauracracy, i would like to add this, just throw all requirements out the window, only 1 requirement needed
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic