Thailand bombs: Hua Hin resort hit by twin blasts

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Thailand bombs: Hua Hin resort hit by twin blasts

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Tourists shrug off threat as Khao San security tightens
Some foreign visitors were unaware of southern bombings until called from home countries.
FOREIGN travellers enjoying the nightlife at Bangkok's Khao San Road gave mixed responses at the weekend to the increased security measures implemented across Thailand in the aftermath of the bombing spree in seven southern provinces.

Some tourists said they had not noticed tightened security measures in Bangkok. Others said they had not heard anything about a series of bombings in an 18-hour period starting late Thursday until their parents called them, asking them to be cautious or to return home immediately.

"[Bangkok] seems so normal that I did not know there was violence. I watched the news [about] the bloody blasts after my parents called me, saying there were bombings and fires here," said a tourist from Spain who identified himself only as David.
David said Thailand had relatively lax security measures compared to Spain, adding that when his country was hit by deadly bombings, authorities turned out in force to secure crowded areas until the situation eased.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/nationa ... 92949.html
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic