Police Located Lost French Family and Are Heading for Rescue

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Police Located Lost French Family and Are Heading for Rescue

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Police Located Lost Friend Family and Are Heading for Rescue

Siem Reap: Siem Reap governor told Fresh News that, on Saturday morning, police have already located the lost French family of four and a tour guide when they went to Kbal Spean in Siem Reap province.

Police have located where they are right now and are on their way for rescue, he said.

Adding that, the location was located via GPS, in the border between Banteay Srei and Varin district.. Police are heading there with an ambulance.

The phone that the they used to call to police via roaming is already out of battery.

On the night of 12 August, a family of four, father, mother and two teenage daughters along with a tour guide got lost in the forest when they went to visit in Kbal Spen.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Police Located Lost Friend Family and Are Heading for Rescue

The French family and a tour guide were found and also have met with the minister of ministry of tourism who had come all the way from Phnom Penh, plus they were transferred by a helicopter to a nearby hospital. They were provided water and food immediately after they were found.

This is what they said. «ខ្ញុំសប្បាយរីករាយណាស់, ខ្ញុំមិននឹកស្មានថាប្រជាពលរដ្ឋខ្មែរ និងអាជ្ញាធរកម្ពុជា ស្រឡាញ់ពួកខ្ញុំដល់ថ្នាក់ហ្នឹង! ខ្ញុំសូមអរគុណដល់នាយករដ្ឋមន្រ្តី ហ៊ុន សែន និងប្រជាពលរដ្ឋកម្ពុជា ដែលបានយកចិត្តទុកដាក់នឹងថែទាំពួកខ្ញុំ, ខ្ញុំនឹងសរសេររឿងរ៉ាវនូវ អនុស្សាវរីយ៍នេះឲ្យពិភពលោកបានដឹងពីកម្ពុជា»។

" I am happy. I didn't expect that Cambodians and the local authorities love me this much. I would like to thank to prime minister HE and Cambodians for taking care of us. I will write this story and memories to let the world know Cambodia".

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Two Helicopters, 200 People Dispatched for French Family
by Aun Pheap | August 15, 2016

Two helicopters and a 200-strong force of officials, police and soldiers were dispatched into the forests of Kbal Spean mountain in Siem Reap province on Saturday morning in search of a French family that was stranded overnight after convincing their tour guide to follow their lead.

After visiting temples in Angkor Archaeological Park on Friday morning, the family of four embarked with their guide on a hike to see the ancient carvings in the forest’s riverbeds but became lost as they attempted to find their way back to their hotel, said provincial police chief Sort Nady.

full-story....https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/two- ... ly-116661/

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Still beats me how they got lost, the path is well trodden.
Retardedwaitress
Expatriate

Post by Retardedwaitress »

hanno wrote:Still beats me how they got lost, the path is well trodden.
1.they were french.
2. Elefant pants.

Theres two clues the most horrible breed of humans to touch foot on cambodia.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic