Huh?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
thePeck
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Huh?

Post by thePeck »

He wasn't wanting to pull you over for tea money, it was for other services you had to offer during that slow time.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

There is a one way street near Pub street in Siem Reap, sometimes I had to park there because of convenient. The first time I got fined, I spent a good 30 mins arguing with them that there is no sign telling it it a one way street, nope! 3000 riel, firm! The other day I saw a German dude got stopped, big fellow making the 2 traffic cops look like a dwaft, he tried to argue the same thing I did. The cops didnt also budge, and he also, I think get the barang price, 5000 riel!
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:So I decided to take a leisurely ride North up Monivong around 9 AM this morning. I get to the end of Monivong and decide to turn right to head toward Norodom. I am not too familiar with Norodom and the intersecting streets, so I can't tell you what street I turned down off of Norodom. It was right after Wat Phnom. So I turned right onto some BLVD. and as soon as I do, I see 2 traffic cops and they immediately spot my tall, white ass wearing no helmet. I am looking right at them and I see them start to make their move into the street for me. I decided that I would try the norm and keep going, but if the dude really tried, I was going to pull over as it was busy, they would have caught me with no helmet fair and square, fuck it, 5000r. So I make no attempt to pull over as I figure I am not caught yet. Then something pretty fucking weird happened. The young cop that took the lead and is now in the middle of the street "acts" like he is going to jump at me as he is positioned a meter to the right of me as I am approaching. No joke, he faked like he was going to jump at me with a stutter step type move. I am only going about 20 KM/H at this point and I just look over at him right in the eyes. He gives me a gangsta "What up G?" head nod and then makes that smooching/kissing noise with his lips at me as I pass.., his partner on the sidewalk started laughing ( I heard as I drove away).. I almost hit the dude in front of me because I was so mind fucked.

Me turning onto this street and this incident happening took all of about 10 seconds. In 10 seconds I went from everyday normal drive to being 100% mind fucked. I still don't know what the hell took place or why it went down the way it did.

Even more weird is the fact that like 10 seconds after I this happened, I thought of CEO and sharing this with you all.
:fool:
Oh my god! I thought this was a thing of the past. The Ancient Khmer Kissing Curse ! Please be careful Sir QUF, at least until you have visited a temple and been blessed by a monk n stuff.

The Ancient Khmer Kissing Curse is used to punish disrespectful Barang. What it does, basically, is place a curse on you and now, if it is real, every person you kiss , after dark will need to be paid $10. There are certain areas that are blessed by the dark side forces to enhance an magnify these powers. Certain parts of PP, for example are more likely to cause you to be adversely effected by this terrible curse.

I am aware that, due to its balanced position between a large flow of water, a major temple and a big open area ( that has recently been the scene of much dark side anger) the area of 104 street, is a very powerful area to experience this effect.

The curse can only be broken by blowing kisses at three different Police Officers, within 1 single daylight hour. This must be done in a similar way the curse was placed, so while riding your motorbike and the Police Officers must have full eye contact with you at the time.

Alternatively, you can seek to have it broken by making a personal gift (beer, I guess would do) to the Overlord of the Dark Side himself. Placing a glass of cold beer in front of the Overlord, bowing and seeking his powers. The curse will then break on the act of the Overlord drinking the said beer.

You can message the earthly manifestation of the Overlord of the Dark Side, via CEO. Just send a message to Vlad.

Good luck carrying out these actions to rid yourself of this curse but remember, do not tell anyone what you are doing or you may also become a victim of the Ancient Khmer Laughing Curse !
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jacobincambodia »

Why weren't you wearing your helmet?
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Jacobincambodia wrote:Why weren't you wearing your helmet?
LOL!
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

StroppyChops wrote:
LOL!
Isn't that a valid question? Ha!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

one smacked my side mirror with his torch when i blew by- he was laughing hard!
those guys are usually drunk by 1400
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

EdinWigan wrote:
Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:So I decided to take a leisurely ride North up Monivong around 9 AM this morning. I get to the end of Monivong and decide to turn right to head toward Norodom. I am not too familiar with Norodom and the intersecting streets, so I can't tell you what street I turned down off of Norodom. It was right after Wat Phnom. So I turned right onto some BLVD. and as soon as I do, I see 2 traffic cops and they immediately spot my tall, white ass wearing no helmet. I am looking right at them and I see them start to make their move into the street for me. I decided that I would try the norm and keep going, but if the dude really tried, I was going to pull over as it was busy, they would have caught me with no helmet fair and square, fuck it, 5000r. So I make no attempt to pull over as I figure I am not caught yet. Then something pretty fucking weird happened. The young cop that took the lead and is now in the middle of the street "acts" like he is going to jump at me as he is positioned a meter to the right of me as I am approaching. No joke, he faked like he was going to jump at me with a stutter step type move. I am only going about 20 KM/H at this point and I just look over at him right in the eyes. He gives me a gangsta "What up G?" head nod and then makes that smooching/kissing noise with his lips at me as I pass.., his partner on the sidewalk started laughing ( I heard as I drove away).. I almost hit the dude in front of me because I was so mind fucked.

Me turning onto this street and this incident happening took all of about 10 seconds. In 10 seconds I went from everyday normal drive to being 100% mind fucked. I still don't know what the hell took place or why it went down the way it did.

Even more weird is the fact that like 10 seconds after I this happened, I thought of CEO and sharing this with you all.
:fool:
Oh my god! I thought this was a thing of the past. The Ancient Khmer Kissing Curse ! Please be careful Sir QUF, at least until you have visited a temple and been blessed by a monk n stuff.

The Ancient Khmer Kissing Curse is used to punish disrespectful Barang. What it does, basically, is place a curse on you and now, if it is real, every person you kiss , after dark will need to be paid $10. There are certain areas that are blessed by the dark side forces to enhance an magnify these powers. Certain parts of PP, for example are more likely to cause you to be adversely effected by this terrible curse.

I am aware that, due to its balanced position between a large flow of water, a major temple and a big open area ( that has recently been the scene of much dark side anger) the area of 104 street, is a very powerful area to experience this effect.

The curse can only be broken by blowing kisses at three different Police Officers, within 1 single daylight hour. This must be done in a similar way the curse was placed, so while riding your motorbike and the Police Officers must have full eye contact with you at the time.

Alternatively, you can seek to have it broken by making a personal gift (beer, I guess would do) to the Overlord of the Dark Side himself. Placing a glass of cold beer in front of the Overlord, bowing and seeking his powers. The curse will then break on the act of the Overlord drinking the said beer.

You can message the earthly manifestation of the Overlord of the Dark Side, via CEO. Just send a message to Vlad.

Good luck carrying out these actions to rid yourself of this curse but remember, do not tell anyone what you are doing or you may also become a victim of the Ancient Khmer Laughing Curse !
I really thought I would get ticket for this post
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

Haha, sometimes I make the choice to sacrafice personal safety for comfort and the feeling of the air on my face and head. I don't mind helmet laws, I just choose to not obey them sometimes. I wear a helmet 90% of the time, for the record. :)

The U.S. leaves it up to each of the 50 states to decide the helmet laws for motorcycles. My new state I will live in, Arizona, has no helmet laws, where as my homeland state, Michigan, I believe had helmet laws up until a few years back, if not still in effect to date.

Funny that is the one question you ask after reading my story, heh.

Yeah, the traffic police don't seem to like foreigners not pulling over, rightfully so, or at least, understandable. I know that OD said they kicked and dented his SUV when he drove off after negotiating with them. Fuck them, drove away. I heard another person in country CLAIM that when they drove around the police on their moto, the one cop swung his 2 way radio ( walkie-talkie) at him by the antenna and got him pretty good on the back shoulder with the blunt of it.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:
Haha, sometimes I make the choice to sacrafice personal safety for comfort and the feeling of the air on my face and head. I don't mind helmet laws, I just choose to not obey them sometimes. I wear a helmet 90% of the time, for the record. :)

The U.S. leaves it up to each of the 50 states to decide the helmet laws for motorcycles. My new state I will live in, Arizona, has no helmet laws, where as my homeland state, Michigan, I believe had helmet laws up until a few years back, if not still in effect to date.

Funny that is the one question you ask after reading my story, heh.

Yeah, the traffic police don't seem to like foreigners not pulling over, rightfully so, or at least, understandable. I know that OD said they kicked and dented his SUV when he drove off after negotiating with them. Fuck them, drove away. I heard another person in country CLAIM that when they drove around the police on their moto, the one cop swung his 2 way radio ( walkie-talkie) at him by the antenna and got him pretty good on the back shoulder with the blunt of it.
Yes I hear you. I'm the same way. I live in Takhmao which is a little less congested so I'll run somewhere very close without a helmet sometimes, but most of the time you'll see me with a helmet.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic