Security Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Micmac
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Security Cambodia

Post by Micmac »

alexfrance22 wrote:Hello, I talked with people from Cambodia and foreigner and they said that Cambodia is very dangerous when you open business. He said people has been killed, they have to paye mafia and other stuff like that. Is it the reality ? Same for small business ? Thanks
High gun ownership in Cambodia,so dont piss anyone off you drives a Lexus or range rover and all should be good..

Buy seriously I think Cambodia is a perfectly safe place,but there is corruption so learn the ropes before doing business.
Flattery makes friends and truth makes enemies
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

alexfrance22 wrote:Hello, I talked with people from Cambodia and foreigner and they said that Cambodia is very dangerous
Your friends are pansies. Visit South Africa.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Alex, I strongly suggest you avoid Cambodia at all costs, it is the most dangerous country I've ever been to, it's so dangerous that I never even leave my house anymore and have spent thousands of dollars on security upgrades to keep the bad guys out!....

Try the USA, it is the safest country in the entire galaxy!
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Hahaha
alexfrance22
Expatriate

Post by alexfrance22 »

I know it's a joke but people tell me bullshit ! He said that seriously so I wanted to be sure
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

i feel youre either going to be taken for a ride or eaten alive,
or both,
good luck
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:i feel youre either going to be taken for a ride or eaten alive,
or both,
good luck
I have been trying to tell Alex that for 2 weeks, subtly in the beginning, less so off late.

In reality Alex the only places I can think of that might be suitable for you are Liechtenstein or Vatican City.....
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

hanno wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:i feel youre either going to be taken for a ride or eaten alive,
or both,
good luck
I have been trying to tell Alex that for 2 weeks, subtly in the beginning, less so off late.

In reality Alex the only places I can think of that might be suitable for you are Liechtenstein or Vatican City.....
he was inboxing me for a while and i was giving him some info/lowdown, hes full of ideas and determination which is good but then theres the reality, and not being able to see that reality due to lack of experience (in his business plans + Cambodia) is whats going to end up leading him down the wrong path,

there is a reason why ive stayed in Cambodia for the past 4 years and never bothered opening a business, i too was full of optimism of starting a few businesses in the past but after doing extensive research on ground, the reality is ill either need to spend a few years back in england saving up a good wedge of money in order to set something up thats not doomed to fail, or end up slaving away putting far too much effort into something that doesnt really return anything, and is more trouble than its worth

one day ill set something up for sure, but still being 29, theres plenty of time
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:one day ill set something up for sure, but still being 29, theres plenty of time
I remember saying that 40 years ago.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic