Flip Flops

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Flip Flops

Post by King Keil »

Does anybody know where i can get a pair in 45 or 11. Don´t wanna go to Bangkok for that. Just looked at sorya mall and wasn´t successful. Thanks!
Jaap N.
Expatriate
Netherlands

Re: Flip Flops

Post by Jaap N. »

I bought a pair size 44 at Olympic, I'm sometimes 44, sometimes 45, depending on the make. This particular pair fits me well, worth a try for you as well?
Mrs Stroppy
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Mrs Stroppy »

Have you tried the markets? Hubby is a size 11 and got a pair at the Russian markets
Using Tapatalk
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Mrs Stroppy wrote:Have you tried the markets? Hubby is a size 11 and got a pair at the Russian markets
Yep, they have large sizes at a few stands.

43 here.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

General Mackevili wrote:43 here.
Pretty sure it's not a competition...

:D
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Jaap N.
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Jaap N. »

StroppyChops wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:43 here.
Pretty sure it's not a competition...

:D
I can feel another poll coming. :mrgreen:
Rama
Expatriate

Post by Rama »

44 here.
Just got measured for a hand made pair of leather sandals at one of the cobblers on street143 next to beautiful shoes. $18, soft leather will take 7 days.
horace
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by horace »

There's a flip flop store called "flippers" has a selection of very large sizes but they are more expensive than your usual flip flop, better made with thicker soles. They have a branch near Cambodiana Hotel where the fun fair is, and also one near what used to be Kirirom Cinema on Sihanouk BLV
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

that brand "Mix-Star" that is sold at every market in SE Asia makes 45s that work. I am a size 11-12 back in the States and I guess I just look for 45s and make those work, seems to be doing me fine in the footwear sector of life.

Yeah, all those custom made shoe places of in BKK3 by Toul Sleng also make leather shoes. They have "flip flop" leather style, pretty cheap, all things considered. Most places will tell you to inform them of any corrections that need to be made. I've only had 1 pair of dress shoes made over there. It seemed like the owner/maker was along the lines of " We get get it %90 right and you have to help us get it the rest of the way" as far as accuracy went. I needed a bit more wiggle room, he made it happen in 10 minutes. Best done before you pay and leave obviously.

Sandals or flip flops from leather material should be simple. I would check to see how they are constructed at the various shops. The shop I went to had another shoe shop right next door and 1 across the street. So shop around.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

Great advice, will try to find those shoe shops near TS and maybe look at The russian market tomorrow. cheers
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic