Beer garden trip today(Tuesday 24th June)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Beer garden trip tomorow (24th)

Post by StroppyChops »

Rain Dog wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:Check your PM, Rain Dog
Thanks for the PM. No worries -- I have just audited my kitchen and appear to have one bag of rice, a pack (of who knows how old) frozen hot dogs, a half bottle of tabasco and 5 cans of Beer Lao to hold me over the next day or two. I need to eat less anyway. Rationing 5 cans of beer until Wednesday might be a test though :lol:

Household management -- living as a bachelor is not exactly my strongsuit.

Seriously --- a good lesson in humility walking around cashless for 3 or 4 days. I guess I now qualify as to what K440 considers a bottom feeder :oops:

Also dumb that I not keep some emergency cash in my apt (but I have always been like oops I am running out better find an ATM)
Could happen to any but the most obsessive of us, and a good lesson for the rest of us to learn so thanks for sharing. We keep cards for our Aussie accounts, but there's never a guarantee that the Cirrus/Maestro international connection will be up when needed.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

I got one from cambod but nothing from you. Also my name is ali baba.

Rain Dog- I can cover you if you want. It'll only be $5 unless you eat like a dog and drink like a fish.
Scarier than malaria.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

ali baba wrote:
LOL! Call me Ishmael...
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

StroppyChops wrote:I went to a Canadia ATM yesterday and it wouldn't allow me to withdraw USD as 'that service is not available'. Same deal with the next one. I tried a fast cash withdrawal, no problem. Does not make sense, but I'll remember it for next time.
This has happened to me a number of times with Canadia. Multiple visits to other ATMs later, I can usually find one that does what I want despite dire warnings to "See my bank" or "transaction refused". etc. But there's no one network/bank/ATM condition that provides an explanation as to why one day it works, another it does not. TiC (This is Cambodia) Who knows!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Yep. When my driver saw me hopping from ATM to ATM he smiled to me and said 'Cambodia!'
takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by takeoman »

ExPenhMan wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:I went to a Canadia ATM yesterday and it wouldn't allow me to withdraw USD as 'that service is not available'. Same deal with the next one. I tried a fast cash withdrawal, no problem. Does not make sense, but I'll remember it for next time.
This has happened to me a number of times with Canadia. Multiple visits to other ATMs later, I can usually find one that does what I want despite dire warnings to "See my bank" or "transaction refused". etc. But there's no one network/bank/ATM condition that provides an explanation as to why one day it works, another it does not. TiC (This is Cambodia) Who knows!
When I was in Phnom Penh, at the end of May, experienced constant problems with the ATMs. Back in Takeo all my cards work perfectly in the ATMs in Takeo Town. Perhaps it is more of a "this is Phnom Penh" problem. :hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Beer garden trip today(Tuesday, June 24th)

Post by StroppyChops »

Same ATM today, no problem.
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

ali baba wrote:

Rain Dog- I can cover you if you want. It'll only be $5 unless you eat like a dog and drink like a fish.
Thanks for the offer. Actually if the night goes on too long it's more likely I will drink like a dog and eat like a fish, as I can get a bit confused sometimes late night.

Cool. Mekong Bank just called me to say all is in order so hopefully I can make it. Don't wait for me though as I have about 10 things to do first today. But I am going to try.

Let me know if there is a "secret handshake" or anything by which we can identify each other in "real life".

Also - Credit to Mekong Bank --- I was originally pissed when they told me I might have to wait two or three days but after a little PFP (Politeness Firmness Persistence) on my part they stepped up and were communicative throughout the process.

Cheers,

RD.
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Rain Dog wrote:
Let me know if there is a "secret handshake" or anything by which we can identify each other in "real life".
Hope to see you!

I'll recognise you!
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

Rain Dog wrote:Let me know if there is a "secret handshake" or anything by which we can identify each other in "real life".
The password is.....
Spoiler:
kikilu
But you also have to do this.....
Spoiler:
:assasin: :hattip:
Scarier than malaria.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic