Babylon5 star-Jerry Doyle has died

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
StungTrengBooBarang
Expatriate

Babylon5 star-Jerry Doyle has died

Post by StungTrengBooBarang »

https://au.be.yahoo.com/entertainment/a ... -has-died/

'Babylon 5' actor Jerry Doyle has died from unknown causes at the age of 60.

Bang Showbiz on July 29, 2016, 4:02 am
//////////////////////////////////

The 'Babylon 5' actor - who played Michael Garibaldi in the sci-fi series passed away on Wednesday (27.07.16) at the age of 60, though it is unclear what caused his death as yet but it is not believed to be foul play.

According to TMZ, an ambulance was called to his Las Vegas home after he was found unresponsive.

A statement on his Twitter account confirmed the sad news.

It read: "The family of Jerry Doyle is sad to announce Jerry's passing. The cause of death is unknown at this time."

Jerry's friend and former 'Babylon 5' co-star Bruce Boxleitner has been left "devastated" by the news.

He tweeted: "I am so devastated at the news of the untimely death of my good friend @jerrydoyle. During the B5 years, he was a great pal, RIP Garibaldi. (sic)"

And 'Babylon 5' creator J. Michael Straczynski wrote a heartfelt tribute to the actor on Jerry's news website, EpicTimes.

He wrote: "Despite our differences, when Jerry ran for congress as a Republican not long after 'Babylon 5' ended, I donated to his campaign. Not because I agreed with him, but because I respected him; because there was one area in which we agreed: the vital intersection between the arts of acting and storytelling.

"In that respect, Jerry was a consummate professional. Regardless of whatever was going on in his life, whether it was marital issues, a broken arm, forced couch-surfing with Bruce and Andreas or other problems, he never once pulled a prima donna on us; he showed up every day on time, knew his lines, and insisted that the guest cast live up to the standards of the main cast, to the point of roughing up one guest star who showed up not knowing his lines.

"Trust me when I say that after Jerry got done with him, every day he showed up, he knew his lines. And then some.

"He was funny, and dangerous, and loyal, and a prankster, and a pain in the ass; he was gentle and cynical and hardened and insightful and sometimes as dense as a picket fence...and his passing is a profound loss to everyone who knew him, especially those of us who fought beside him in the trenches of 'Babylon 5'.

And the producer appealed to the "dear sweet universe" to stop the untimely passing of stars from the show.

He continued: "It is another loss in a string of losses that I cannot understand. Of the main cast, we have lost Richard Biggs, Michael O'Hare, Andreas Katsulas, Jeff Conaway, and now Jerry Doyle, and I'm goddamned tired of it.

"So dear sweet universe, if you are paying attention in the vastness of interstellar space, take a moment from plotting the trajectory of comets and designing new DNA in farflung cosmos, and spare a thought for those who you have plucked so untimely from our ranks...and knock it off for a while.

"Because this isn't fair.

"And Jerry Doyle would be the first person to tell you that. Right before he put a fist in your face. Which is what I imagine he's doing right now, on the other side of the veil."

Jerry began acting in 1987 after a decade as a stockbroker, landing his first role in TV series 'Moonlighting' before being cast as security officer Garibaldi in 'Babylon 5: The Gathering', the 1993 TV movie which launched the five-season show.

As well as appearing in the likes of 'NYPD Blue' and 'Beverly Hills, 90210', Jerry turned his attentions to radio in recent year, fronting a self-titled show on the Talk Radio Network,

He launched EpicTimes in 2013 and ran for congress in 2000.

Bang Showbiz
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Babylon5 star-Jerry Doyle has died

Post by ExPenhMan »

RIP Michael Garibaldi.

STBB, thanks for posting this. JMS's statements were honest, intelligent and emotional, as always
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Re: Babylon5 star-Jerry Doyle has died

Post by bolueeleh »

wth is babylon 5? :D
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic