New busy place to open bar ?

If you are looking for a business to buy in Cambodia, you've come to the right place! This is a section where owners can post their businesses for sale and where others in the community can ask questions about starting a business here. Foreigners can own 100% of a business here in Cambodia, and it's a pretty simple process to buy or sell, whether it's a bar, restaurant, hotel, or anything else. Have questions about what paperwork is needed for your company? Ask away. Curious if the expat bar on Street 136 selling for $100,000 is a good deal? Start a discussion on CEO and we'll let you know what we think.
alexfrance22
Expatriate

New busy place to open bar ?

Post by alexfrance22 »

hi, where do you recommend to open the bar in cambodia at the moment ? i will be in cambodia in 1 month. I come with 9000usd for small bar around 30 sit. Thanks.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: New busy place to open bar ?

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

what kind of bar? you might find some bars in sihanoukville that fit your budget, but dont expect to make much money...
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

use the $9,000, have a good time and than go back home to earn more,
you will NOT make a bar that makes $$ on that amount

business in asia, u need at LEAST 6 months living expenses AFTER u open a business and going on the assumption u will make ZERO from the bar in the first 6 months,
if u dont have that FORGET IT
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Jesus... Talk about being totally clueless. A businessman doesn't show up somewhere and then just randomly starts a business upon arrival without knowing anything about the place.

But if it's just for fun and you're coming with 9k to burn, then why not. But if you actually want to make a living off your idea, forget it.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

There is one I know of for sale in SHV which also has 3 rooms you can live in. It is for sale with an asking price greater than that but you can probably get it for that figure. Only 3 1/2 years on the lease and unlikely to get renewed. Not trading well. You CANNOT run a bar remotely in Cambodia unless it is a sizable business and investment and you pay a manager some serious coin.

As Richard said, You will NOT make enough money to cover expenses for at least the first 6 months and probably the first 18 months unless you buy a successful going concern and that will not happen for a mere $9k.

Basically you are just pissing your money away without a clue based on what you posted (no real plan or idea of target market or type of bar). However your money do with it as you wish.
alexfrance22
Expatriate

Post by alexfrance22 »

Hi, thanks for your answer. Yes i come for fun. I m not looking to refund my 9k, i will get this money back when i will stop the buisness. I also not looking to get rich ! I want to live correctly with small money around 600usd per month for my self if it s possible ! is it ?
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

alexfrance22 wrote:Hi, thanks for your answer. Yes i come for fun. I m not looking to refund my 9k, i will get this money back when i will stop the buisness. I also not looking to get rich ! I want to live correctly with small money around 600usd per month for my self if it s possible ! is it ?
to be terribly honest, no, u will not get ur money back, coz u wld hv defaulted on ur rental, landlord wld lock up ur bar, n as u tried to break open the locks the landlord called the crooked cops on u, end of story.
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
alexfrance22
Expatriate

Post by alexfrance22 »

i dont understand you ??? why the landlord will do it to me and not to other people who open buisness ??? you are very weird on this site. I feel like you said the bad thing to everyone for keep your buisness and dont get more foreigner!!!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

I want to live correctly with small money around 600usd per month for my self if it s possible ! is it ?
no.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

alexfrance22 wrote:Hi, thanks for your answer. Yes i come for fun. I m not looking to refund my 9k, i will get this money back when i will stop the buisness. I also not looking to get rich ! I want to live correctly with small money around 600usd per month for my self if it s possible ! is it ?

how will u get ur money back?
sell to another person who has no clue about business?? :stir: only so many fools around

better just try and live as a poor person on $600/month and at the end go home, Make sure u have a r/t ticket paid for.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic