Beer garden trip today(Tuesday 24th June)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
ali baba
Expatriate

Beer garden trip today(Tuesday 24th June)

Post by ali baba »

I'm going to a beer garden tomorrow with some friends.
We will meet at 3 Mangos on street 360 BKK1(between st 57 and 63) at 7.30 pm and will return for the football or continue to other bars. Join us if you like.

* So far we have 1 football fan and 2 non-fans.
Last edited by ali baba on Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scarier than malaria.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Beer garden trip tomorow (24th)

Post by General Mackevili »

Cool! See you there! ! !

Who else is going to come? ! Should be fun.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

ali baba wrote:I'm going to a beer garden tomorrow with some friends.
We will meet at 3 Mangos on street 360 BKK1(between st 57 and 63) at 7.30 pm and will return for the football or continue to other bars. Join us if you like.

* So far we have 1 football fan and 2 non-fans.
I would personally love to go. One of the best times I have had in Cambodia was in a real Khmer Disco.

Unfortunately, the $%#$# ATM ate my debit card on Sunday. My Overseas bank indicated a withdrawal was made but the ATM "Reset" (end Dos then Windows XP) before my Cash was dispensed and before card was returned.The bank is telling me they need 2 to 3 days to verify in their system. I am pushing them for tomorrow but this is Cambodia and I have little leverage as I am not even a customer. But they won't even return my card until they have done their "Verification"

Until then I am totally broke. Literally counting my spare 100 riel notes so I can take a moto back to the bank when the card is ready (Pathetic lol). I may have to go down to Riverside and compete with "Scammer Steve" for "help" lol.

If the the bank has their act together by tomorrow I will try to make it. Otherwise I will have to wait until next time.
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Check your PM, Rain Dog
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
giblet
Expatriate

Post by giblet »

That's bizarre. A UCB ATM ate my card recently and all I had to do was go in with my passport to prove it was mine and they gave it right back. Took about 20 minutes.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

I went to a Canadia ATM yesterday and it wouldn't allow me to withdraw USD as 'that service is not available'. Same deal with the next one. I tried a fast cash withdrawal, no problem. Does not make sense, but I'll remember it for next time.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

StroppyChops wrote:Check your PM, Rain Dog
Thanks for the PM. No worries -- I have just audited my kitchen and appear to have one bag of rice, a pack (of who knows how old) frozen hot dogs, a half bottle of tabasco and 5 cans of Beer Lao to hold me over the next day or two. I need to eat less anyway. Rationing 5 cans of beer until Wednesday might be a test though :lol:

Household management -- living as a bachelor is not exactly my strongsuit.

Seriously --- a good lesson in humility walking around cashless for 3 or 4 days. I guess I now qualify as to what K440 considers a bottom feeder :oops:

Also dumb that I not keep some emergency cash in my apt (but I have always been like oops I am running out better find an ATM)
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

giblet wrote:That's bizarre. A UCB ATM ate my card recently and all I had to do was go in with my passport to prove it was mine and they gave it right back. Took about 20 minutes.
I think the problem is there is $500 dispute as my overseas bank texted me a withdrawal had been made but the machine never dispensed the cash (it just reset) so they need to do due diligence first. Why they need to hold my card in the process is a mystery but they were adamant. I went physically to the bank this morning and spoke to 3 people up the food chain and got the same answer.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Rain Dog wrote:
If the the bank has their act together by tomorrow I will try to make it. Otherwise I will have to wait until next time.
Fingers crossed, hope you can make it!
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

General Mackevili wrote:
Rain Dog wrote:
Fingers crossed, hope you can make it!
Well if you see a story about a barang going ballistic in Phnom Penh bank over the next few days maybe you guys can start a "Free the Rain Dog" campaign.

Now would you do that for me?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic