Foreigners Injured In The Middle Of No Where In The Bush, Luckily A Cambodian Guy Drove 50 Km To Bring Them To Hospital

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Foreigners Injured In The Middle Of No Where In The Bush, Luckily A Cambodian Guy Drove 50 Km To Bring Them To Hospital

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

I have done something that made me happy today.

On dirt road in the bush along the border between Cambodia and Lao, a foreigner fell from her bicycle and was seriously injured. It is really rare for the car to pass by on this road and moreover all locals don’t speak English. Both of them couldn’t do anything and they kept crying. After I asked them to get to understand about their situation, I decided to bring them to Steng Treng hospital which I needed to drive back for 50 Km. I was late for 3 hours, however I was so happy with them saying thanks while both of their eyes were in tear. I wish them to recover soon.

Source: Facebook
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Re: Foreigners Injured In The Middle Of No Where In The Bush, Luckily A Cambodian Guy Drove 50 Km To Bring Them To Hospi

Post by TheGrinchSR »

Top bloke and well done to him. Though I had no idea Cambodia had a "bush" - though I have become lost in the occasional Cambodian bush at times in my life.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Foreigners Injured In The Middle Of No Where In The Bush, Luckily A Cambodian Guy Drove 50 Km To Bring Them To Hospi

Post by phuketrichard »

:thumb:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Tadpole
Expatriate

Post by Tadpole »

Whoever you are, thank you!
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

That's right up on the Laos border, about as far off the beaten track as you can get.

https://goo.gl/maps/wPz7oFpdqo92

prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Good people still exist on the earth. :-)
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

^^Good people have always existed on the earth ;)
-insert signature here
StungTrengBooBarang
Expatriate

Post by StungTrengBooBarang »

That road north to lao had at feb/march 2015 is a really badly broken road, the worst is continiously bad for 30km straight.

but not many ppl there, it was a good day trip.

but my then honda scoopy didnt mind.

She maybe was coming from border to cycle over cambodia, or back into laos.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

Bad planning = waiting for help

They are just plain lucky, wont be so lucky all the time.
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic