Kem Ley funeral procession

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Luigi
Expatriate

Kem Ley funeral procession

Post by Luigi »

Has anyone heard of or anticipate this event being televised? If so what channel?
I hope it is a peaceful event for all concerned. I have my doubts.
table42
Expatriate

Re: Kem Ley funeral procession

Post by table42 »

Local stations being under govt control are highly unlikely to do so and foreign stations are less likely to get permission. Videos on Facebook probably the only sure way.

For the latest on the procession plans go to:

http://m.phnompenhpost.com/national/mot ... ch-kem-ley
I try not to let my mouth say nothin my mind can't stand. Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong. Or

I know nothing, I see nothing, in fact I'm not here right now.
Romanian source debriefed in West Berlin
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

table42 wrote:Local stations being under govt control are highly unlikely to do so and foreign stations are less likely to get permission. Videos on Facebook probably the only sure way.

For the latest on the procession plans go to:

http://m.phnompenhpost.com/national/mot ... ch-kem-ley
That is my initial summation as well. Stay tuned.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

I just got the following advice from "Smartraveller" (AU government):

Current Advice Level:
Exercise normal safety precautions

Latest update:
Large crowds are expected in Phnom Penh on Sunday 24 July for the funeral procession of murdered prominent public figure Dr Kem Ley. The funeral procession is expected to pass Phnom Penh International airport at some time in the morning and will also pass along Monivong Boulevard and Russian Boulevard in the city. You should avoid large crowds, monitor local press reports and be prepared for possible transport delays. The level of the advice has not changed. We continue to advise Australians to exercise normal safety precautions in Cambodia.
Last edited by timmydownawell on Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
table42
Expatriate

Post by table42 »

I just got the same warning from The US Embassy
No sense in repeating essentially the Australian message.
I try not to let my mouth say nothin my mind can't stand. Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong. Or

I know nothing, I see nothing, in fact I'm not here right now.
Romanian source debriefed in West Berlin
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic