What do you do when you get pissed off with the locals?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Re: What do you do when you get pissed off with the locals?

Post by juansweetpotato »

LTO wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:
cptrelentless wrote:This country is too damned hot to go around getting pissed off, you'll have a heart attack.
So all those recent ''heart attack'' deaths are just caused by pissed of expats/ tourists?

:shock: :shock: :shock:
It's one of the Five Great Founts of untimely death and general badness in Cambodia: Foreign Immigrants, Foreign Drugs, Foreigners with Bad Attitudes, Foreigners, and Trees.
LTO.

Cool, calm, collected and unperturbed?
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

I try.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

LTO wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:
cptrelentless wrote:This country is too damned hot to go around getting pissed off, you'll have a heart attack.
So all those recent ''heart attack'' deaths are just caused by pissed of expats/ tourists?

:shock: :shock: :shock:
It's one of the Five Great Founts of untimely death and general badness in Cambodia: Foreign Immigrants, Foreign Drugs, Foreigners with Bad Attitudes, Foreigners, and Trees.
At least something is being done about the Trees. :hattip:
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

Anchor Moy wrote:At least something is being done about the Trees. :hattip:
:lol: So true.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: RE: Re: What do you do when you get pissed off with the locals?

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

willyhilly wrote:Never had a problem but I enjoy abusing the priviledged niek mien women who like to push into queues. I call them mook gdooey, cunt face. The motos and tuks love it and laugh like fuck.
This makes you look like an uneducated, ignorant prick. There are way more things you can say before escalating to such profanities.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
StungTrengBooBarang
Expatriate

Post by StungTrengBooBarang »

One time at that lucky burger inside citymall, i had my 2 * $1 notes in hand and waited in line.

when its my turn some random local starts ordering when still walking from behind me.

this happens again,

so i turn and walk away, denying them their chance of getting rich.

i really should have just torn up the notes and then said politely 'arcon', but i had already walked away before i thought of it.

And telling others not to shop at an accused 'rude'business is my therapy as a pacifist.

lol though once when fuji shop refused to scan a picture to file as i did it the week before so she remembered i didnt get prints just a scan she says this time 'dont have', i left flabergasted speaking in my best fake vietnamese out loud.

i called a pawn shop owner a jowl in march/april this year for allowing my phone to be pawned without id, lol i was angry that night and my friend that borrowed my phone is lucky i didnt go tell her mum what her daughter did. :D
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

I used to be passive aggressive person, its not good, u get the short draw all the time
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
table42
Expatriate

Post by table42 »

"i really should have just torn up the notes and then said politely 'arcon', but i had already walked away before i thought of it."

Such a symbolic gesture would be lost on the majority of Cambodians. They would simply think you were crazy.

It's frustrating indeed. What do I do? It depends on how severely I've been offended or threatened. But whatever I say I say in Cambodian.-"
Last edited by table42 on Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
I try not to let my mouth say nothin my mind can't stand. Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong. Or

I know nothing, I see nothing, in fact I'm not here right now.
Romanian source debriefed in West Berlin
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Generally, Cambodians are great people. The only things I really don't care for is their driving and line jumping. Line jumping, I just figure its ignorance of the system and I try to gently educate them. The driving thing is hopeless until traffic laws are enforced. I do have a nice big air-horn to point out their transgressions, but in the end, its their country and I'm just a guest.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic