Really good meat (?)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
mammothboy2
Expatriate

Really good meat (?)

Post by mammothboy2 »

Really good meat (?)

Did anyone here ever buy anything from the Halal Meat Center [maybe it has another name by now or went out of business] at #58 // Street 294

There was a brief write-up in a glossy mag last year saying that the place has lovely beef / goat/ sheep / chicken meat all locally-sourced

I wonder who keeps sheep here.

NO NASTY JOKES ABOUT WELSH PEOPLE, PLEASE!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Really good meat (?)

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

I have purchased meat from them, and yes it was good quality, although not a huge selection, didn't see any lamb or mutton.

I noticed quite a few sheep farmers in Prey Veng province over KNY, not sure what breed of sheep they were though.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

havent found any good meat in SHV for quite some times, victory hill, sihanoukville sqaure etc :D
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
CJM555
Expatriate

Post by CJM555 »

table42
Expatriate

Post by table42 »

"I wonder who keeps sheep here."

Just the other side of The Mekong about 5 kilometers into Tbong Kmum Province there is a large flock at an army base. Besides them many Cham raise them.
I try not to let my mouth say nothin my mind can't stand. Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong. Or

I know nothing, I see nothing, in fact I'm not here right now.
Romanian source debriefed in West Berlin
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic