bar etiquette

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: bar etiquette

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Username Taken wrote:Where's that damned Like button?
:plus1:
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

some guy walks up to me and told me that he didnt get his free drink when i rang the bell because he went to get some food, what a cunt :rambo:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I hope you told him to fuck off?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

is it ok to go to a bar 1 day and barfine a girl and go back another day and barfine another girl? i dont want to break the poor girl's heart, as all of you guys know we are their one and only and love of their life. :bigeyes:
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Post by jah steu »

bolueeleh wrote:is it ok to go to a bar 1 day and barfine a girl and go back another day and barfine another girl? i dont want to break the poor girl's heart, as all of you guys know we are their one and only and love of their life. :bigeyes:
The girls tell me generally that if a guy barfines a girl for one night and then has different girls from the same bar on subsequent nights, that's ok. He's considered a "butterfly" and loses a bit of respect but that's all.
However if he takes the same girl for TWO or more successive nights, and then changes to another girl from the same bar, that is considered very poor form, and some of the other girls won't go with him.
I guess the girls think that the guy really likes her if he takes her for more than one night, and it's insulting to them if he then switches girls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

jah steu wrote:
bolueeleh wrote:is it ok to go to a bar 1 day and barfine a girl and go back another day and barfine another girl? i dont want to break the poor girl's heart, as all of you guys know we are their one and only and love of their life. :bigeyes:
The girls tell me generally that if a guy barfines a girl for one night and then has different girls from the same bar on subsequent nights, that's ok. He's considered a "butterfly" and loses a bit of respect but that's all.
However if he takes the same girl for TWO or more successive nights, and then changes to another girl from the same bar, that is considered very poor form, and some of the other girls won't go with him.
I guess the girls think that the guy really likes her if he takes her for more than one night, and it's insulting to them if he then switches girls.

haha then tell sina i will be back for her :D :D :D
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

bolueeleh wrote:
jah steu wrote:

haha i made that mistake when i first went up Victory Hill a few years ago, felt like i was in Thailand, went to dragonfly, bar fined some girl i knew, the next night i decided to take her best friend, ended up staying with her for about a week, then ditched her and went with like another 3 or 4 on consecutive nights... it caused a lot of upset and its safe to say i had a bad butterfly reputation that took me a while to shake off after i cleaned up my act, ironic how some bargirls have the cheek to label people butterflies :facepalm: lol
all is good in the hood now though (apart from Frank Lee Bents GF still nicknames me "Shit Friend" haha), Dragonfly are like family to me espeshially the owner and her family,
i have learnt not to shit on my own doorstep anymore :beer3: :thumb:
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

the khmer girl owner of dragonfly is a very good business woman, she managed to make me buy many rounds
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

bolueeleh wrote:the khmer girl owner of dragonfly is a very good business woman, she managed to make me buy many rounds
haha yes she and her sister are very good at that, sorted me out with just as many free drinks also, i go back to their families village for the khmer new year every year
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
bolueeleh wrote:
jah steu wrote:

haha i made that mistake when i first went up Victory Hill a few years ago, felt like i was in Thailand, went to dragonfly, bar fined some girl i knew, the next night i decided to take her best friend, ended up staying with her for about a week, then ditched her and went with like another 3 or 4 on consecutive nights... it caused a lot of upset and its safe to say i had a bad butterfly reputation that took me a while to shake off after i cleaned up my act, ironic how some bargirls have the cheek to label people butterflies :facepalm: lol
all is good in the hood now though (apart from Frank Lee Bents GF still nicknames me "Shit Friend" haha), Dragonfly are like family to me espeshially the owner and her family,
i have learnt not to shit on my own doorstep anymore :beer3: :thumb:
So why did you start all over again in the square then ? :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic