Snookyville, Same old, Same old

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Snookyville, Same old, Same old

Post by Sailorman »

In the past couple months, the local cops seemed to have been making at least a half hearted effort to enforce some traffic laws. Sure they still stop you if your driving-while-white, but they were stopping a bunch for not wearing helmets and 6 on a moto, but it all has seemed to have gone back to the usual. I don't see the cops out at the usual places as much and just the other day I was setting at a stop light and a new police truck had to go around me to run the red light. Same old, Same old.

During the short crack down I saw a lot of people on moto's with helmets, now not so much. It was kind of funny to watch the crack down at the Golden Lyons Circle. The cops were only on one side of the circle and within their sight people were driving the wrong way to get around the cops. The cops had to be blind not to see this.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Snookyville, Same old, Same old

Post by hanno »

Same in Temple Town. Huge crack-down, they even stopped SUV's with VIP stickers, but all that seems to have stopped.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

you can please some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time.
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

yeah i noticed this back in May, it all seemed to die down after the Khmer New Year, apart from the odd random road block at the golden lions and there was a couple up at city gold back end of may early june, but as you say no one bothers with helmets anymore
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

They must be short of beer money as just yesterday I saw a few of the BIB pulling their scams in odd places. They were also in the usual place after the stoplight before the Golden Lyons Circle. They know that pulling people over for Driving-While-White is a cash cow that is always easy to milk.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Sailorman wrote:They must be short of beer money as just yesterday I saw a few of the BIB pulling their scams in odd places. They were also in the usual place after the stoplight before the Golden Lyons Circle. They know that pulling people over for Driving-While-White is a cash cow that is always easy to milk.
only to the mugs that pay them ive not paid a bribe for years, i refuse
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Last time I was pulled over for running a green light/driving-while-white (by Orange Market) they wanted silly money. I pulled out copies of the law, made them read the part about corruption and asked for a receipt. While this was going on I pointed out Khmers riding motos without helmets and running the red light. I haven't been stopped since.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic