What has been your biggest deception in a Cambodian restaurant ?

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

What has been your biggest deception in a Cambodian restaurant ?

Post by Anchor Moy »

This thread that warped from guesthouse sale to nightmare toast got me thinking about this: https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/busines ... 62-30.html

The cheese toast that I ordered in a guesthouse that turned out to be a stale piece of baguette with a triangle of Vache Qui Rit on the side was disappointing, but there must be worse. The fish and chips that were just coming for 2 hours, but then no longer existed was another... :voilent4:
kptic
Expatriate
Greece

Re: What has been your biggest deception in a Cambodian restaurant ?

Post by kptic »

Anchor Moy wrote:This thread that warped from guesthouse sale to nightmare toast got me thinking about this: https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/busines ... 62-30.html

The cheese toast that I ordered in a guesthouse that turned out to be a stale piece of baguette with a triangle of Vache Qui Rit on the side was disappointing, but there must be worse. The fish and chips that were just coming for 2 hours, but then no longer existed was another... :voilent4:
The fact that Brasserie du Port got good reviews was pretty deceptive. It was a candidate for worst meal I have ever eaten out at a restaurant anywhere.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Re: What has been your biggest deception in a Cambodian restaurant ?

Post by bolueeleh »

i saw a piece of meat that looked like a wart that felled off a cow, on the menu it say is buffalo trip :D
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic