Happy 4Th of July

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
ot mien kampf
Expatriate

Re: Happy 4Th of July

Post by ot mien kampf »

phuketrichard wrote:first step in a revolution
control the media.

It wont happen
Which is why the media is all so pro-Hillary right now.

The irony is that the kind of aristocratic elite they overthrew on the 4th of July came back with vengeance this 5th of July when Hillary got away with all her crimes.

Laws are for plebs.
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

ot mien kampf wrote:
control the media.

It wont happen
Which is why the media is all so pro-Hillary right now...
I thought that is what pr was implying, or at least that those who would advocate revolution (or even fundemental changes) do not have control of the media. Maybe I am wrong about that. The neo-liberal establishment clearly has control of the vast majority of the MSM.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
ot mien kampf
Expatriate

Post by ot mien kampf »

LTO wrote:
ot mien kampf wrote:
control the media.

It wont happen
Which is why the media is all so pro-Hillary right now...
I thought that is what pr was implying, or at least that those who would advocate revolution (or even fundemental changes) do not have control of the media. Maybe I am wrong about that. The neo-liberal establishment clearly has control of the vast majority of the MSM.

They do. Which is why everything is anti-Trump. Not necessarily because he's a good alternative to Hillary, but because she's their choice and he's opposition.
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

I think it's a bit more complex than that, but there is truth in what you say.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

ot mien kampf wrote: Which is why the media is all so pro-Hillary right now.
To be honest, I haven't noticed any pro-Hillary stuff in the media at all. It's pretty obvious why Trump gets more stick because of his bombastic rhetoric which makes for some great headlines and discussion. I can't think of a single statement from Hillary that sticks in my mind, she seems almost invisible.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

John Bingham wrote:
ot mien kampf wrote: Which is why the media is all so pro-Hillary right now.
To be honest, I haven't noticed any pro-Hillary stuff in the media at all. It's pretty obvious why Trump gets more stick because of his bombastic rhetoric which makes for some great headlines and discussion. I can't think of a single statement from Hillary that sticks in my mind, she seems almost invisible.
Yeah, Trump kind of skews it because he's such a loon and deserves much or most of his treatment by the media. One place it can fairly easily be seen with Trump is the way lefties keep causing violent incidents at Trump events only to have it ignored by the media or reported simply as 'Violence at Trump Rally' as if Trump's supporters are the offenders. Whereas even the hint of possible violence by Trump supporters is always reported in a very prominent manner. It's also pretty obvious in the constant stream of "Trump Hates Cute Animals" kind of non-stories in the MSM. It's easier to see the pro-Hillary media bias in the reporting of Sanders vs Hillary. Just like FOX is neo-con establishment and prefered a non-Trump Republican candidate, the rest of the MSM is neo-lib establishment and prefers Hillary over Bernie because Bernie is an independent thinker and she is neolib establishment on steroids. Hillary received consistently better coverage than Bernie. For example, the MSM announcing that she had 'won the candidacy' the day before the California (Super Tuesday 2) primaries was not news (or even true), and was a shameless effort to discourage Bernie voters and encourage Hillary voters in that primary.
LTO Cambodia Blog

Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Table42: So what questions am I suppose to not answer? Seek and ye shall receive. BTW/ Are you an American and a registered voter, thus have a horse in this race? (how about an answer too that?)
Last edited by Sailorman on Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
table42
Expatriate

Post by table42 »

"Table42: So what questions am I suppose to not answer? Table42: So what questions am I suppose to not answer?"

Actually, you've already "not answered" them; I would like you to answer them.

Start with this one:

Those same people have a high percentage that want a 2nd America revolution, be it armed..."

What is the source for this undisclosed number that constitutes"a high percentage" of disgruntled Americans? Another one of your skype calls? John Birch Society? So, please state a reputable source. I served too and know some but not many dissatisfied veterans, but none that advocate armed revolution

Now to answer your xenophobic question I AM an American and never been anything else. Yes I am a registered voter and you can't have a horse in a turkey trot.
I try not to let my mouth say nothin my mind can't stand. Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong. Or

I know nothing, I see nothing, in fact I'm not here right now.
Romanian source debriefed in West Berlin
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Table: Do a google search of private militia's in America. They are on the rise as are firearms sales that are not for hunting, but for protection from the corrupt government. The 2nd Amendment was not set up for hunting, it was set up so that "We The People" could protect ourselves from a corrupt government. Go look at the closed down business's in America and the people out of work and tell me they are happy. Look at some of the mainline media polls on what percentage of the America people trust our government, president and Congress. A very low percentage. Google how many "letter" federal agencies have SWAT teams. BTW/ Almost a 100% of all towns and cities in America have military style SWAT teams sponsored by the federal government. Fema Centers in every state with the barbed wire facing "IN." Command and Control centers in every state sponsored by the federal government. Last but not least, America, the Land of the Free has more people in jails/prisons than any other country on earth. (its a corporate cash cow.)

If, and I say IF you are a registered voter, make sure you vote in the election. BTW/ are you one of the idiots that voted Obama-Iben-Lying into office, not once, but twice? If so, how's that "Hope" working for you. If you believe that closet Muslim has made a difference, go walk down the street in his hometown(Chicago) at 1am in the morning unarmed and chant "Hope, Hope, Hope." (I hope I don't get mugged and/or shot) BTW/ Chicago has really restrictive weapons laws and a murder rate that is through the roof.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

^^^^^^ "If, and I say IF you are a registered voter"

Why don't you read what he posted? The last line. Read it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic