Please come back. All is forgiven.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Please come back. All is forgiven.

Post by Duncan »

All this after a certain NGO was banned from Cambodia, and a recent foreign activist was refused a visa to re-enter the country to defend his part in a court case involving two of his co activists.

Phak Seangly, The Phnom Penh Post
Mon, 4 July 2016

The prime minister has called on government ministries to pursue closer cooperation with NGOs and community activists in the fight against illegal logging, a call met with scepticism by some in the forest protection community yesterday.

Speaking at an event in Kampong Speu on Friday to mark National Fish Day, HE said it was time for all parties to put aside their differences, starting with the ministries of environment, agriculture and mines and energy. “It is an error that we have to change that begins in government,” he said.

The premier made special mention of the Prey Lang Forest Protection Community, which has long been at odds with the Forestry Administration.

But Prey Lang activist Hoeun Sopheap was not convinced.

Praise by Prime Minister HE for social media celebrity Thy Sovantha’s “forest protection” work in Koh Kong’s Areng Valley yesterday irked long-time environmental activists, particularly in light of Friday’s conviction of three members of NGO Mother Nature for their activism in the province.

Speaking at an event on Friday in Kampong Speu province to celebrate National Fish Day, the premier praised Sovantha as well as prominent singer Meas Soksorphea for serving as role models.

“Thy Sovantha, known as a Facebook user, used to lead groups to the Areng area, [as part of] a protection movement, and I would encourage her to continue, because there is nothing wrong with protecting the forest . . . all the people love the forest and [Sovantha] also hates the timber traders and loggers as well.”
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
table42
Expatriate

Re: Please come back. All is forgiven.

Post by table42 »

My God, he's reaching out to all the voters, especially those with a short memory.
I try not to let my mouth say nothin my mind can't stand. Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong. Or

I know nothing, I see nothing, in fact I'm not here right now.
Romanian source debriefed in West Berlin
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Speaking at an event in Kampong Speu on Friday to mark National Fish Day...
:D
Too many of these national days pass un-noticed : National Fish Day :thumb:
Excuse me, didn't mean to go OT. Carry on.
mammothboy2
Expatriate

Post by mammothboy2 »

What are we meant to do on Fish Day?

Eat them or refrain from eating them?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Go fish.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Thy Sovantha was an opposition party supporter who drove around in her Lexus taking selfies and making vacuous comments and became hugely popular on Facebook during the 2013 elections. Since then she has fallen out with the CNRP and has joined the other side, as you do...
Silence, exile, and cunning.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

John Bingham wrote:Thy Sovantha was an opposition party supporter who drove around in her Lexus taking selfies and making vacuous comments and became hugely popular on Facebook during the 2013 elections. Since then she has fallen out with the CNRP and has joined the other side, as you do...
Some sort of explanation : https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/newswor ... t9628.html
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic