Pregnant Woman Seriously Injured Smashing Her Head With The Pavement After Having Had Her Bag Snatched

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Pregnant Woman Seriously Injured Smashing Her Head With The Pavement After Having Had Her Bag Snatched

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh: according to Koh Santeapheap Daily News, A pregnant woman had her head hit with pavement and seriously injured after she had her bag snatched. She was sent to Calmette Hospital afterward. The incident occurred on 27 June 2016 in front of car shop along Monivong Blvd located in Sras Chak commune, Daun Penh district.

According to witnesses, the victim was driving her 125 Honda Dream with number plate 1DE-1368 along Monivong Blvd in the direction from North to South. Then when she reached the scene two suspects riding on a motorbike snatched the bag from her which caused her to fall down smashing her head with the road. She had blood flowing from her mouth and nose. The suspects have safely escaped with the woman bag.
Spoiler:

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Pregnant Woman Seriously Injured Smashing Her Head With The Pavement After Having Had Her Bag Snatched

Post by prahkeitouj »

So sad news! When snatchers disappear on the earth!
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Pregnant Woman Seriously Injured Smashing Her Head With The Pavement After Having Had Her Bag Snatched

Post by Duncan »

Probably quite easy to set up and catch some of these bag snatchers. Put a cheap smart phone with a locater system on it, into a bag and superglue the zipper so it cannot be instantly taken out . Then have a girl walk around with it over her shoulder so it can be stolen. Of course there is an alterative, put a grenade in the bag and have a length of string attached to the pin ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

No helmet :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Look closely, she IS wearing a helmet. Unfortunately it's one of those tiny, ill-fitting Vietnamese "speed racer" helmets. Probably barely protected her of at all. I keep telling my girlfriend to wear a proper helmet. Her helmet is ridiculously huge, about two sizes too big. I'll probably go buy one with her in the near future to make sure the new one fits. What use is a helmet if it's:
1- Too big for your head (it shouldn't move much from side to side when you shake your head, and you shouldn't be able to push it off from either the front or rear)
2- The chin strap is loose.
3- It's the size of a small bowl of soup sitting on the top of your head, with no protection to the sides, front or rear.

Sounds obvious, but when I look around, I'd wager that 85% of helmets worn by khmers are too big for them. In a tropical climate, everyone goes for a very loose fitting helmet. I'd also say well over half of foreigners are in the same boat. A properly fitting helmet is TIGHT. If you abruptly shake your head towards your shoulder or from side to side and the helmet doesn't follow your head "as one", or follows after a delay, how will it protect you in the event of a sudden fall?

Anyways, they should start setting traps as Duncan says, or do as other counties and set very strict sentences for snatchers (think 10 years). Make it a big public announcement, and then make an example of the first few who are caught.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I stand corrected :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Good idea:
Anyways, they should start setting traps as Duncan says, or do as other counties and set very strict sentences for snatchers (think 10 years). Make it a big public announcement, and then make an example of the first few who are caught.
Make them afraid; :thumb:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic