Letter in a Bottle - from Scandinavia to Sihanoukville

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Letter in a Bottle - from Scandinavia to Sihanoukville

Post by Anchor Moy »

More fun news: A message in a bottle sent from a kid in Norway was found by a bar owner in Sihanoukville. Cute story.

Cambodia, General news, Norway
Bottle letter from Norway found in Cambodia
by Gregers Møller • June 27, 2016 • 0 Comments

In the summer of 2013, the seven year old Mingus Lund threw at Coca Cola bottle with a postcard inside into the ocean by Geitskjæret on Nøtterøy near the town of Tønnsberg in Norway. The photo showed the famous cliff Prekestolen in Norway. On the other side of the card, Mingus wrote – with the help of his cousin:

“Hi, I am a seven year old boy. If you find this bottle, I hope you will reply to me.” And then the address of the hotel, where his family were staying and where they stay on vacation every summer.

Almost three years later, Mingus has now received a reply – from a bar owner on Serendipity Beach in Sihanoukville in Cambodia.

“Hi, My name is Cho Chum and I am 37 years old,” he writes – possible with the help of a tourist.

“I found your bottle while I was fishing outside Koh Rong. You card has been hanging in my bar since I found it. But some days ago, two Swedes translated it for me and told me where Norway is. The bottle has traveled a really long way. Yours Cho Chum and the address: Serendipity Beach, Sihanoukville, Cambodia.”
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Letter in a Bottle - from Scandinavia to Sihanoukville

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

That's actually pretty cool.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Letter in a Bottle - from Scandinavia to Sihanoukville

Post by rozzieoz »

Such a great story :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic