Hooray! More American fast food coming to Cambodia!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Re: Hooray! More American fast food coming to Cambodia!

Post by bolueeleh »

just had BK at the PP airport, oh gawd, i remembered there used to be actual onions in the onion rings, now it is just onion flavoured flour rings, never again. these fuckers deserve to fail and file for bankruptcy
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Are the Whoppers flame broiled? They were not in Aeon mall. Horrid I tell you.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

bolueeleh wrote:just had BK at the PP airport, oh gawd, i remembered there used to be actual onions in the onion rings, now it is just onion flavoured flour rings, never again. these fuckers deserve to fail and file for bankruptcy

Disgusting.
dan1el
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dan1el »

@Bitte_Kein_Lexus I cannot speak for all the guys on this forum but I certainly did not move abroad for the food. I am guessing most guys did not move to Cambodia for its famous Khmer cuisine and there is nothing sad at all by liking a nice burger.
franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by franzjaeger »

The BK's here are run from Vietnam (of course) by Vietnamese firm Imex Pan-Pacific Group Inc (IPP) who runs the Cambodian Burger King venture with local company HSC, which is owned by businessman Sok Hong.
In Thailand it is a different company called Minor International, who takes care of the franchise.

http://www.phnompenhpost.com/business/b ... ain-expand
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minor_International

This probably means that the entire production line infrastructure is different too. Although the main feel and taste of the Whopper here is decent, I still think that it's a tad better in Thailand, who also have the double whopper cheese with bacon on the menu (personal fave) and the option of mayo with your fries, (for us continentals).

I am aware of the bad things those products are full of, but who gives a damn, just don't eat it every day, keep a lo level of stress and all that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic