Clown fish

This is where you can buy and sell anything you want in Cambodia! There is no 'Craigslist Cambodia,' so this is the next best thing. Most items for sale are in Phnom Penh, but this is a buy and sell section for the whole country. Many expats and tourists have new and used items to sell, so anyone can list them here. CEO has no part in these sales, so buyers and sellers need to get in contact with each other themselves. You're always welcome to list items you're giving away for free, as we encourage the community to give when they can. Amazon and eBay ship select items to Cambodia, but you save time and money when you do things locally.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Clown fish

Post by kiwiincambodia »

I made the mistake of taking the kids to see finding dory last weekend. Now, apparently we need to get a fish.

Can you buy clown fish in Cambodia and if so where?
Advertisement
CamboQuick Cambodia Amazon Shipping
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Clown fish

Post by Username Taken »

Siamese fighting fish are much more fun.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

I know that but they are not in the movie so according to my 4 year old they suck.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

I understand that clown fish are extremely difficult to breed in captivity, and most that are sold for pets/aquariums have been taken from the reefs and that their numbers are dwindling. Reef fish and the aquariums they are kept in require a lot of care, get a gold fish or something.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Clown-Fish are a tropical marine species, so setting up a tank requires a lot more effort than for freshwater fish. If you don't know much about aquariums just stick with freshwater tanks for now. There are lots of other cute-looking fish around. Lion headed Goldfish are a good start:

If you want to go the hole hog get some Arowanas or Dragon Fish:

These are rather expensive. Even a small one can cost hundreds or thousands of dollars, but they are worth it for the luck.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

If you go with goldfish you can make a pond out of a planter tub, like this one I had in Sydney. I later added some of those tall reed plants as well. Need a small pump to keep the water moving and filter out some of the crap.

You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Thanks all,

I have had aquariums before and know how challenging they can be to maintain.

I think I will go the goldfish route or something small like that and just a small tank until we move into the bigger house. When we have the bigger house I will definitely be looking into getting another big aquarium with more tropical fish.

Is that row of shops on street 63 still the best place to go for fish and fish stuff?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic