Hooray! More American fast food coming to Cambodia!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
gavinbrisbane
Expatriate

Re: Hooray! More American fast food coming to Cambodia!

Post by gavinbrisbane »

"As for social event? I think I'd rather amputate my nuts than have party in McD's but each to their own..."

hahahahahaha - oooh that is so funny!! Can I borrow that Grinch? I am still laughing.....
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

KickingWithRedLabel wrote:
SinnSisamouth wrote:give me a wimpy burger any day
I grow up on Wimpy burgers in Chicago back in the early 70's. I guess they are long gone since I don't remember the last time I saw one.
i was in a town in south east england and they had a wimpy burger in 2013!

must have been the last one

just read wiki
stared in usa rights sold to uk company which then sold it to someone else who also owned burger king so they converted the existing wimpys into bk
that company sold the rights to wimpy uk to the wimpy south africa who are in the process of rejuvenating the name

nice porsche turbo!
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Carl’s Jr gears up to open capital’s first drive-thru
Tue, 28 June 2016
Ayanna Runcie

Cambodia's first-ever restaurant drive-through is set to open in September when American burger chain Carl’s Jr launches operations in Phnom Penh, though not everyone is convinced Cambodians will adopt the American car-oriented food-order service.

However, Sovary Somach, head of operations for Carl’s Jr Cambodia, is confident that by providing more convenience for ordering, drive-through service – an institution among modern fast-food restaurants in developed countries – will draw more customers.

“Our guests will have the option to come inside our contemporary California-themed restaurants where they can experience our big juicy burgers as well as unique amenities including partial table service and a refillable beverage bar,” she said.

“Or they can enjoy the ultimate convenience and speed of our drive-through, where they can order right from their car and bring the food home, back to the office, or wherever they chose to eat.”

With Cambodians already accustomed to ordering food from street stalls while in their cars or on their motorcycles, Somach expects customers will be quick to take advantage of the drive-through lane and window.

http://www.phnompenhpost.com/business/c ... drive-thru

A drive through in Cambodia, what could possibly go wrong. We all know Cambodians are the most patient people on the planet when it comes to traffic and waiting in line so lets see how this works out.

Lets take bets how long it will be before someone tries to jump the queue through the drive through.... I give it a week.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Yes Please, a White Castle. Sliders, "Buy Them By The Bag"
thePeck
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by thePeck »

I'm waiting from Taco Bell to come to town. I won't eat anywhere else lol. But Burger King in PP is the same as everywhere else I've had it. It's been too long since I've eaten it back home in the USA to remember if it's similar but the taste I can tell is uniquely american lol.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

taco bell
arbys
ihop
in & out
White castle (" harold & kumar go to white castle" is a classic ) :-)
Dennys

PLEASE
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

the field is uncontested.
anyone who cares to venture forth must win
dan1el
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dan1el »

Wimpy burger still going in the UK. Went back for a visit last year and saw one on my high street. There are about 85 stores left in the UK apparently. I prefer them to BK or McD''s.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Jesus, you guys are a bit sad. Is the food really that good? It's crappy and saying Carl's Jr burgers are big and juicy is a stretch by any measure. Why exactly did you guys decide to move abroad?

Get ready to see a lot of fat Cambodians in 5-10 years. The youth is already getting a bit chubby...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Yup, Thai kids are getting so overweight now they could pass for North Americans. Cambodians (and possibly Viets) will follow suit.

Over the 6 straight years I've been in SEA, I moved from frequent street cart foods, to frequent visits to western and better Thai restaurants to western eateries exclusively to the point now I make 90% of my own meals. I buy quality ingredients and great variety of veg and meats, much of it imported. I know what's going in those meals. I can hardly eat out anymore; quality was so variable, with something like rice being too often cheap and nasty.

As for BK, KFC and McD in SEA, their meals made me feel sick within an hour. I don't know how anyone can say they miss these fast-food factories.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic